“Excellent price and food!!”
Review of Ray's

Ray's
Ranked #303 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I recently tried Ray's for lunch in Halifax, NS. I went with the sharwama platter and I am so glad I did. I got rice with noodles, potatoes with garlic sauce, coleslaw, veg, chicken, cabbage and pita bread with hummus. All for $8.95. It was so good! So much food you want to clean your plate but I couldn't get through it all. They will happily give ÿou take out boxes.

It is a "lunch line" setting. They ask what you want on the plate. I loved the rice. Not a lentil fan so you have an option. You can choose you salad and they all look very fresh. The cabbage is sautéed and tastes amazing. I highly recommend. I'm not even a cabbage fan!

My only complaint is that I wanted my chicken to be hotter but still tastes great!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We had been fans of Ray's Lebanese food since his first location in scotia square and then also in burnside but then the Susie lake location opened and OMG is all I can say. The food is simply the best we have ever eaten. Over the past 4 months it has become our regular haunt. We go every Friday. The falafel plate and the chicken shawarma plate are unbelievably delicious. We have not varied our order, we get the same thing every time. It is consistent, tasty and the restaurant is clean, the owner is so friendly and all of the staff are polite and friendly. We love it there. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

At Ray's you order at the counter and they make up the plate in front of you, letting you choose your sides and toppings. The food is very good quality, lots of it, very cheap and quick. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options. Servers are quick and knowledgeable about the food. Lot's of fresh vegetables, garlic, and olive oil! The garlic potatoes tasted more of cinnamon than garlic, unusual but still tasty. A great spot for busy families picking food up on the fly.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Who knew a place named "Ray's" would have the best Lebanese food? I went here on my birthday and a couple of times since. Everything was delicious and, oh my, the plate is full. It is bright and cheerful inside (not at all what you would imagine, seeing it from the street) and the staff is friendly. Quick (unless you order lamb). And good value for the money. Treat yourself! Go to Ray's!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I had the grilled fish plate and my wife had a chicken kabob plate. The primary problem was that most of the food was already prepared and thus the potatoes were not hot. The chicken was already prepared and dry. The fish was freshly prepared and was some what better. Most of the clientele seemed to be carrying the food out, presumably to be reheated at home. Not bad but could be better.