New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Montreal, Canada
““Simply Beautiful””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 children for a weekend. This beautiful 4 star hotel receives a 5 star rating from us.
This is a fresh modern hotel with spacious well decorated rooms and spotless bathrooms. The large crystal clean pool was a hit with the children along with the free DVD rentals. The free breakfast was the best we’ve ever had. A great selection of hot and cold items. The service was excellent! Front desk staff were amazing! The welcome that we received from Nimfa was such a delight. Housekeeping was on top of everything and always with a smile! For the price that we paid, this hotel’s complimentary services exceeded our expectations. We tried the lobster at their on-site restaurant and it was delicious.
I checked out their meeting facilities and they are immaculate. I will be returning for business as I have reserved one of their meeting spaces for our upcoming AGM meeting.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stevetruthseeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Corner Brook, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

All rooms have microwave and mini refrigerator. Included breakfast offered lots of choice in hot and cold food and beverages. Great value! Although this is not a downtown location, there are many restaurants and a multiplex cinema nearby plus lots of shopping. Although I prefer a downtown location, the combination of value and nearby amenities make this an excellent choice - one of the best hotel values in the greater Halifax area.

Room Tip: All rooms have microwave and mini refrigerator. Included breakfast offered lots of choice in hot and...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here in December of 2011. Staff were very friendly. The rooms were nice, very clean and quiet. The hot breakfast in the morning (free) was great too. I would definately recommend this hotel...and I am picky :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have stayed at alot of hotels in the past year due to business and a family member ill , but have never experienced such great service as I recieved from front desk staff ! They were super friendly , chatted it up with me, it was like I knew them forever . The room was beautiful , free movies , blue-ray player in my room, free full breakfast , free internet , my favorite part was getting to make my own waffles , ;) prices were great , building was super clean , housekeeping staff was even super sweet , I would recommend this to everyone , and have . You will never find a greater place to stay, I will be staying there from now on when I visit the city . I think this is the best place to stay in the city , and after staying here all other hotels would be a disappointment. Look forward to my next stay which will be very soon , ;)

Room Tip: I cant see any room being a disappointment , the facility is beautiful .
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Michelledddd
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We decided last minute to spend the night in Halifax on a shopping trip. Because its been a few years since we've been to Halifax, I looked at tripadvisor reviews. This hotel was rated number one, this surprised us a little as it isn't in the downtown core. We booked here because of location. Comfort Hotel is located on the western part of the city right in the big box shopping, IMAX theatre area. Perfect for us.

The first thing we noticed when we got to the lobby was how clean and new smelling the hotel is. Nima checked us in. She is a lovely woman who immediately told us she upgraded us from a regular King room to a suite at a no extra charge. We were delighted to hear this. She then gave us complimentary beverage coupons for the little bar in the hotel, as well as gave us a coupon for 10% off in the restaurant, told us we had complimentary soft drinks in our room, and mentioned the free hot breakfast. First impressions, great. We arrived in the lovely junior suite on fourth floor, room 408. The room had an extremely comfortable king sized bed, nice little sitting area with a sofa(bed), free wifi, decent sized bathroom, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a 42" flat screen tv.

As for the breakfast, it's a nicely decorated room with adequate seating, a flat screen tv and selection, there were pancakes, sausages, waffle maker, scrambled eggs, potatoes, yogurt, some fresh fruit, three cold cereal choices, pastries, coffee, and juice. we were impressed. Especially as we find Canadian hotels are usually lacking when it comes to the complimentary breakfasts.

I don't have any negative comments about this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into Halifax. It isn't in the downtown core but Halifax isn't a large city and it's really easy driving on the 102 to anything you want to reach downtown. We will definitely stay here again. It's great value at $99 nightly.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple