“Middle East Food on Bedford Highway”

Aladdin Shisha Lounge
Ranked #237 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This restaurant is located almost directly across from Clearwater Lobsters on the Bedford Highway. You have to look carefully because there's a Vietnamese restaurant in the same building. Atmosphere inside is very Arabic, with low lighting, tassels, and several private sitting areas with soft cushions. We chose a pub-like table with a view of the Bedford Basin. Lots of boat traffic to watch while eating. I tried the Arabic chicken shawarma. It was served as 5 small wraps stuffed with chicken, vegetables and sauce. The meal also had thin multi-coloured strips of cabbage, humus and pita bread. A small serving of tangy sauce went very well with my shawarma. My wife had chicken tandoori with the same fixings. For drinks we had Turkish tea and mango juice. They were out of baklava so my wife ordered a dessert that looked like small samosas. One was cheese-filled and the other had nuts. Both were delicious but we both preferred the one with nuts. Cost including taxes and tip was $50.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

This place is very much geared to be authentic and all the meat is Halal. The food is delicious and the decor will bask you in middle-east culture and flair.

The prices are reasonable and is you go with someone who has experience with middle-eastern food then let them order several plates and sit back and enjoy. If not, you can never go wrong with shawarma, shish taouk and kababs.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

three of us went for lunch. All had different dishes, all were very good, spicy but all spiced differently. I had a spiced beef kabob which was very moist and exceptional. Hummus was heavy on garlic, among the best I have had. Wonder why I haven't been back it was so good.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

I like to experience owner operated restaurants and new menu selections. I stumbled onto this very unique restaurant after spending the day in Halifax and was happy l did. The ambiance is unique with several banquette-like personal lounge and eating areas; brightly decorated with middle eastern pieces and varied artwork of many types.
The chef/owner was genuinely friendly and welcoming. The food was all freshly prepared daily and featured new offerings for my palate.
The waitress was helpful with selections but had to check with the chef regarding some ingredients.
While I did not partake, nor did anyone else at the restaurant, this is a shisha lounge which is hookah "smoking".
Just so you know there are no alcoholic beverages served though there is a non-alcoholic beer. Someone must think that beer goes well with the flavors!
The total experience was fascinating.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

I was there couple times and the food was amazing, although the service really good. I was in many other places i didn't like any of those places and i would recommend Aladdin to everyone because it's the perfect place.