“Very good wraps”

Shawarma Stop
Ranked #453 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The chicken shawarma wrap and the beef kebob wrap were both very good, with fresh veggies and tasty garlic sauce. The service was wonderfully friendly and fast.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I tried to order delivery from the Argyle Street location through JustEat.ca tonight. After making the order, I got a call from JustEat's 877 number, telling me that Shawarma Stop has no delivery driver on tonight, but I'm welcome to come pick the food up. Also, they're out of cucumber, olives and red onion. I say sure, I can drive down and we can do without those veggies.

The employee who suggested I drive down neglected to mention that there is a huge amount of construction in downtown tonight. I was stuck in traffic circling around downtown for about an hour before I finally gave up and headed home.

When I arrived home, I called to let Shawarma Stop know I wouldn't be able to pick up the order. As it was their suggestion I drive down, and as they didn't warn me about the traffic (which was very visible from their location--I had to drive slowly down Argyle several times while I was circling), I thought it fair to request a refund.

The man on the phone told me he couldn't give me a refund, but that the manager would be in tomorrow. I asked him to write a note about the refund for the manager. He refused, telling me he would see the manager tomorrow.

I explained that I was concerned the refund might be forgotten about once business opened for the day tomorrow, and I would prefer a note be left. The employee continued to refuse. I tried to explain that I felt I had had very poor service tonight, as I would never have tried to drive down for pickup if they had not suggested I do so, without informing me about the traffic issues. He tried repeatedly to interrupt me and then hung up on me.

As I still wanted a note to be left, I called back. I was on my cell phone hitting the same number that I had called before. The next time he picked up, he told me I had the wrong number when I asked if it was Shawarma Stop, and hung up on me again.

I called back a third time, rather confused. This time he didn't claim it was a wrong number, and finally left a note, but was extremely standoffish about it. When I said that I planned to leave bad reviews for Shawarma Stop if I did not get a refund, he hung up on me again.

I called one last time, to ask for his name so I can complain to the manager about him tomorrow. He yelled at me that he would not give me his name and hung up on me again.

Needless to say, I will never be ordering from them again, and will be leaving this review in multiple places. Wow, they have bad customer service. Wow.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

The shawarma's are delicious and love the Greek salad!! The service is always friendly. My family has take out weekly from this restaurant and always Great!!

Reviewed 10 November 2015

they fry the falafel fresh to every order and its so so flavourful and not too spicy. lots of vegetarian options. Love the variety of fillings you can choose from. The staff are really great.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Great location in downtown Halifax. Friendly staff offering great Lebanese, mideastern food, falafel, shawarmas, fatoush salad. Open long hours. Enjoy.