All reviews room was clean front desk waffles shower pressure stayed one night lovely hotel air conditioner comfortable stay place to sleep sausage off the highway sized bed lots of parking the ground floor the breakfast area easy access free breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We arrived and had to wait for the front desk young man to finish on the phone, ten minutes. We're told we have a smoking room but are assured it didn't smell. He ran sound the hall to spray the room before we entered. The smell was horrible. There were cigarette burns on the tables, on the bedspreads. It gets worse, the bathroom was old, dirty. The towels looked clean. I've never been in a hotel that was so bad, actually it was disgusting. We decided to stay and leave first thing in the morning.

Stayed: August 2015
Comfortbarrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Barrie / Hart Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Please accept our most sincere apologies that your stay fell below expectations as an experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, its service or quality. We try our best to provide each guest with the room type of their preference, we regret at the time of your booking were in the smoking section. It is not our intention to provide a product you were unsatisfied with. As we prepare for renovations, comments such as yours help us to pinpoint everything that we need to address. We value feedback from our guests and endeavour to address any shortfalls and constantly improve the level of services and quality throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Haven't stayed in Comfort Inn for 20 years due to these exact reasons.
Check in Staff wasn't bad but rest of staff were less than happy people for sure.
Door lock on 1 of the rooms didn't work and we had to get someone from front desk to let us in our room all weekend. We were told the batteries had died in the door. When we asked if they could just get maintenance crew in to fix we were told No that they are too cheap to let maintenance come in on weekends. Breakfast was free and was still overpriced for the quality of the food . On checkout they tried to overcharge one of the rooms and flat out told the guest that the rate they were quoted does not exist although we had 7 or 8 rooms all paying the same and only 1 person was given an issue.
Location is good though but if any other hotel would have been available I would not have booked here and will not stay at another Comfort Inn for another 20 years I would expect.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

We are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are embarrassed we were not able to make the necessary adjustments during your stay and for the mix-up with your bill. We take great pride in the accommodation and services we provide and work hard to ensure everything in our rooms is in good working order. We do hope to have another opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

First off ..Before booking my room I called twice about if they excepted Pre-payed Visa to hold my room and then I would be able to pay with debt when I arrived and put a $100 dollar deposit down on my room. I was there for a wedding just this pass Sat July 11th when we arrived at 1:00pm customer service was not polite and rude as she ask me for my Visa I showed her my Pre-payed visa card witch I was told that I could use that she looked at me and said No we do not except that card and threw it back at me Sooo I said well I was told that I could use my card she said nope Every Hotel is different I said well we have a wedding to go to in 3 hrs I need this room she was so rude and did not even try to help me out Worst Customer service. The house keepers we the friendly ones.
she finally gave us the room as I had to pay 150 deposit down on the room. I also booked a none smoking room but they booked me a smoking room let me tell you they could not change this.When we got to the room it was gross its smelled thank god for the open patio door to the parking lot. The bed sheets were not clean as I found bugs on my bed YES I did take pictures of this Our toilet paper was wet like it fell in the toilet and just stuck it back on the holder. The fridge was warm and not even turned on when we arrived to put our drinks in to keep them cold. The only good thing is the breakfast in the morning over all I wont be back to this Hotel. The comfort Inn on Essa Rd was very nice and clean and they Except Pre-Payed visa there ..I dont usally complain but I never been treated bad at the front desk before like the one we had..

Room Tip: higher floor level and not on the smoking floor.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Comfortbarrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Barrie / Hart Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

We deeply apologize about this incident and the impression it left on you. It is disheartened to learn that we did not attain our usual high level of service. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally and hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

The Quality Inn at 55 Hart Dr. in Barrie is conveniently located just off Dunlop St W and Hwy 400, near the south end of Barrie. Check in was easy. We were directed to park our motorcycles in the back area (not visible from the street, but in full view of our 2nd floor room. The rooms were accessed UP a flight of stairs and down the hall. The Inn is in a large L-shape. We had a concern with the TV, not being able to access channels with the remote. The front desk staff was at our room in under 5 minutes to change the batteries and re=program the TV. Quick service.
As expected with a Quality Inn, we found it to be clean and comfortable. The hallways are on carpet over wooden floors and can be a bit noisy. This Inn was booked to capacity...so glad we had a reservation. This is typical in the Barrie and near-north area in the summer.
A hot buffet breakfast is served just off the lobby...eggs, sausage, bread/toast, bagels, fruit and yogurt.
The booking was done through an 800 line found on the computer. Turns out it is HotelsOne.com rather than Quality Inn's home site. As a result, the bill could not be split over two credit cards AND I suspect I paid a bit more that the going rate if I'd dealt with the hotel direct....next time though!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy4697
Comfortbarrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Barrie / Hart Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience, looks like you may have stayed at our neighboring Choice Hotels property. Your comments will be forwarded to them.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

It has been a while since I stayed at this property, and a few changes have been made since then. They have done a terrific job renovating the lobby, and breakfast area,and I was told that more up-grading will be starting at year'send. This property is on a street ,along with a few other hotels, that runs parallel to the major highway, but I was not bothered any traffic noise. My queen room's fixtures, and furniture was rather dated, but clean, and in very good condition. It was quite roomy, and had all the features that I required. Our friendly Guest Receptionist, Lynn, was very helpful,in correcting a problem with my reservation, and in no time flat, she had me settled in a room, that was completely to my liking. Breakfast was a treat! It was served in the newly renovated dining area, and offered sausages, and eggs, waffles, a choice of cereals, yogurts, breads, and sweet rolls, and juices, fresh coffee, and fruit. I found this stay quite enjoyable. Jerry...Paris Ontario...CANADA

Room Tip: Select a ground floor room away from the ice machine, and fitness center
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry l

Thank you for all of the kind words you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your stayed. We are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed our new breakfast area and that you were well taken care of by Lynn. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Barrie.