“Great meal!”
Review of Inn Steakhouse

Inn Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 550 Restaurants in Barrie
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Had dinner one evening at the Steakhouse. Amazing tenderloin and shrimp. Great service. We will return!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Service was just great! The French onion soup was superb, steak was good. Desserts were very good! Atmosphere is typical après ski.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Our family had a wonderful evening dining at the Inn Steakhouse. We had our children with us and the server was happy to accommodate the kids. Their bread basket with special butters are a nice touch. Our steaks were made to perfection. Perfect place for a special dinner and drinks after an afternoon on the ski hill.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I went with my wife for my birthday, the dinner was delicious, my compliments to the chef and the waitress who provided excellent attention. Definitely one would repeat.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I went for Valentines Day. They advertised a special set menu for the evening that boasted amazing ingredients, however; the food we ate was the biggest disservice to the ingredients used that I've ever experienced - for more details, read on.

Now I feel like I should start by explaining my perspective. My mother, sister and good friend are chefs. I've truly been spoiled in my life with amazing food from truly great cooks. However I don't consider myself a food snob, put a bowl of KD or a bologna sandwich in front of me (with mustard) and it will be devoured and enjoyed.

Things started on a rough note, it doesn't matter where I go - at the very least want my table to be level. On top of that the cutlery (entree fork and knife with soup spoon) was rolled up in a napkin on a bread plate and my fiancee's stemware didn't match mine. No tablecloth, charger plate, salad fork etc. I don't want this review to be tossed because perhaps my expectation were too high, or I sound too stiff-necked; at the price they charge this is unacceptable.

Now let's start with the food.

The Amuse bouche was a fresh spring roll. My guess is that it was made and plated hours earlier as the mayo had formed a crust on it and the rice paper was dried out.

For our appetizers I chose the crispy seared duck breast, that came with ravioli's. The duck breast wasn't close to crispy and I've never had ravioli that tasteless. My fiancee had Italian wedding soup that had truffle in it. The soup was also way under seasoned.

We both chose the Beef tenderloin for our main course. This was the highlight of the meal and not in a sarcastic way. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the lobster and truffle butter garnish really set it apart from the norm. The potato side was good but boring and the vegetable were under-cooked.

We shared both deserts, the cheesecake had a grainy texture and the creme brule had 1/4" of granulated sugar under the crust.

In conclusion I would never eat there again.

3  Thank mathewdavidmaloney