“The Bistro won't disappoint!!”
Review of Bistro Parisien - CLOSED

Bistro Parisien
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We are foodies who love to cook and try new tastes and combinations. Consequently dining out does not always fulfill our expectations. We LOVE everything on the menu here. The menu is rather limited but the daily specials get changed up therefore we are always excited to go. There is also a fixed price dinner always offered which is excellent value with the same superb attention to detail. The meals always include a very healthy & varied vegetable portion.....the way we SHOULD be eating. I must also mention the service which is so professional, friendly and efficient. There is only one French waiter who does an amazing job of serving everyone (the restaurant is small so best to reserve on weekends) with a little help from the owner or chef. Prices are so reasonable in return for authentic French cuisine!! Sunday brunch is served but we have not been to that. Most times you must leave a message to reserve; they return your call promptly. Great for special occasions or just a get-together with friends.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Wonderful spot in the heart of downtown Hamilton. Classic French...What a find. The service is great, from the moment you step foot inside, you are made to feel welcome. The maitre d' is one of the best, great personality, knowledgeable, efficient and attentive. Been here twice, in November and again for New Years Eve. Going back again for Valentines. The food is excellent, nice variety, excellent presentation and flavors. Had the Duck confit with vegetables and frites. The Boston and Roquefort salad is a must! Loved the steak and frites and for dessert, Tarte Au Citrön is exceptional. A nice touch that it is warmed. Next visit, I would like to try the Beignets de Banane. The Crème Brûlée was also excellent.
For NYE they had classic French - Italian music, a very nice touch. The restaurant is a taste of France, reminded me of a couple spots I dined at while in Paris. Loved the option of BYOB wine. We brought our favorite wine....Tawse. Would recommend this spot to anyone and will go back again.

2  Thank Cana1Toronto
Reviewed 4 December 2013

On our way through Canada, stayed in Hamilton.
Went into the city, and by luck, we stopped in for dinner.
Great meal, great service. Will return when in Hamilton again.

2  Thank BernieL143
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was present at the same party for 21 people as the previous reviewer and to my mind 20 people had an enjoyable experience at the dinner.
All 21 expected to be served at the same time by 2 very good servers and each couple also required a separate cheque.
This task is very hard on a small but efficient kitchen but the Bistro staff was up to the task.
Where else would you expect to find a great French waiter but in a Bistro Parisien?
Perhaps Kungboy should refrain from attending next year, even if it is free , and stick to Greek fast food, fish and chips and Noodles because he obviously does not appreciate fine French Cuisine.

7  Thank Tanis351
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was invited there by friends fir dinner, I tried to convince them to go elsewhere because of my dislike of the food. Anyways to sum up the meal...

It was the worst meal I've eaten in any establishment.

I re-tired the lamp chops...it was all fat, cold, tasteless and not eatable. The sides were bland lacked seasoning and rather mundane. The undercooked beans had more flavour then the whole plate.

The French onion soup was much better than before, but still dies not rate more than a two star rating.

The Beignets de Banane were too greasy and.fried it oil that was too cold or over done. Not worth the money.

And why is a Rusty nail drink have to cost $12.95 per drink?

Why hire a French speaking waiter that can't speak English? He screwed the order for our table five times. I'm glad I didn't pay for the meal!

Save your money and got to another food provider that is higher rated than thus one.

1  Thank Kungboy