“So Sad they've Gone”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2014

I just tried to get a dinner reservation for Bistro Parisien and was shocked to find they had closed. We had two wonderful dinners with visitors in August, and wouldve tried harder to get there again if we had known. Kate & Steven are wonderful hosts, Steven a great cook of wonderful rustic French food, and we always left their feeling we were lucky to have found them in Hamilton. Good luck to you both- we miss you already.

1  Thank bretthartmann

Reviewed 19 October 2014

Sadly our fav French Bistro has closed it's doors. The message thanks loyal patrons and wishes us well. But where has Jervais gone?!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I went on a Monday, there was a steak & frites special. I ordered it, it was great. My wife ordered the fish of the day from the table d'hote, she enjoyed it. Quiet atmosphere, waiter was French (and great). Prices were reasonable for a nice restaurant in downtown Hamilton.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The website items/prices are apparently 5+ years old. Some of the entree items are $5+ more in the restaurant than what the website shows! That was quite a surprise when we got there. The food was average. My duck entree which was, as I recall, about $30 consisted of a few small slices of duck, on a big bed or plain rice with some overly sweet chunks of squash. The duck was alright but no big deal and the rice 'filler' was very disappointing. And then there is the seating... they have some bench seating and the benches are about a foot higher than the chairs making it quite awkward - too high for the table and having to look down at the person in the chair. All in all, I can think of far better places to eat and spend less.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The sea food linguine I had there once was a dish I still remember today - and that doesn't happen to me often. The service is exquisite, the place is small but very pleasant, the special offers are a huge deal for the delicious dishes..! The price might seem high but for the Bistro Parisien, the taste will be as expected.