“Easter Indulgence”
Review of Cake and Loaf

Cake and Loaf
Ranked #4 of 18 Bakeries in Hamilton
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spurred on by a request from my daughter in law, we arrived Saturday 8 am. Stood in line but well worth the wait. Our haul included Easter cookie sandwich, cream egg brownie, Nutella scone, marshmallow egg, date square & hot cross buns. All was top drawer!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Grear Great spot for bake goods you never know what they are going to have. They have homemade donuts and scones , muffins , cake loafs just a ton of new flavors and creations love this little spot!! Great service too

1  Thank BRETTPAULNATALIE
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The baked goods are pricey but very good. Try the freshly baked cheese bread, butter tarts, cookies and honey and salt pie (decadent)...or try anything else! It's worth a visit when you want a special treat.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Arrived just after 10 on a Saturday morning. Lined up to the door, was more than happy to wait Andrey to narrow down the decision making.

Service was fantastic and treats all live up to the hype!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I love a good decaf Americano. The bummer here is they don't serve decaf :-(.

Upside is there loaves are great. They have a walnut, apple and other ingredient loaf that is incredible. And loaves are typically nothing to get excited about. Made in house and notably fresh.

Quiche is a wee greasy for me. Personal opinion.

The salted caramels on the counter are nice!

The lemon meringue mini tarts were great but rarely in store. Only once in the last few visits.

The DATE SQUARE IS AMAZING!!!! It has a touch of orange rind. Oh it's really worth it a BIG. Dates are filling. One of their best items I would think. My mom loved it and makes one of the best date squares herself. She's picky and agreed it was GOOD!

I did try the normal Americano which was good. I just rarely do caffeine. However it is a good drink.

Very friendly staff. Important. All things made right there in the kitchen. Love local cafes.

I prefer dense breads, so I don't buy my bread there.

Overall a great place to stop.

Note*** there is no seating. It's a TO GO location. So best of walking etc. Only 2 chairs outside. Don't expect to stay a while. It's not that place.