“More pub than restaurant but great food”
Review of Slainte - CLOSED

Slainte
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2015

I am not sure why I thought it was going to feel more slightly upscale a la new made to look old. When I discovered it was located adjacent to a strip mall, I wasn't sure we had the right place. Fortunately my guests didn't care - we were here for each other's company.

Luckily the food turned out to be great and the place had a comfortable feeling. We focused on the "traditional" Irish pub fare like fish and chips, leek and salmon pie etc. and were not disappointed. The prices seemed reasonable for very large portions.

If you find yourself in downtown Hamilton looking for a pint and a decent meal, Slainte will do the trick.

1  Thank 100countries_or_bust

Reviewed 14 January 2015

By far the best food in hamilton. Muscles for the appetizer and double smoked bacon wrapped meat loaf...AMAZING. All this and 100's of craft beers and amazing live music during the week. A must go if you visit hamilton and a weekly stop if your local!

1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Sure, it's slightly higher than your average bar price (and even that's debatable) for a meal but I guarantee it's the best you've ever had in a pub. Everything is fresh and local and it's obvious a lot of love goes into these plates. The wings are SOOO good and burgers are a must. That being said - drink specials are great deals and some of the meals are definitely enough for 2...

1  Thank Katherine A
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The food is quite good and they have a great selection of beer, but everything is very overpriced. Bar nights are a nightmare, with a line going around the block sometimes and people pushing and shoving to get from anywhere to anywhere once inside. Upstairs feels like an authentic Irish pub, and they should encourage people to eat there more often.

Reviewed 26 November 2014

My spouse and I enjoyed the Novemburger at this downtown area restaurant. We were greeted pleasantly at the door, seated immediately and given table choices. We were advised who our server would be. Our server arrived shortly after the hostess seated us. Our drink orders were taken promptly and delivered quickly and accurately. Very well paced service. Our food orders were taken and our meals arrived within a reasonable amount of time. Their presentation was outstanding! Further drink orders were asked about at a good pace without being bothersome/invasive/intruding. Great job by all! Best part was also not waiting forever for the bill (always a pet peeve of my spouse). Well done by the whole team. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank Dlynnphill