“No food”

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2015

It always amazes me that multiple items that appear on a menu are not available. Simple tip. Tell the customer what is not available before they decide what they are going to order. Second tip. Get your bartender off his Iphone so that the drink orders don't take 20 minutes.

1  Thank cflaherty

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

I made a reservation of 15 on the upper level of the restaurant for my birthday. When we arrived the people at the door told us to go right up with no problem, but there was no table reserved for us. Instead, somebody else was having their 35th birthday party on the whole upper level. Confused, I went to ask the manager what was going on and where our table was. She proceeded to tell me that I had no reservation at all and that "Gerard would never take a party of 15 on Friday night." Which makes no sense as the other party upstairs was even larger than mine. I also never even said that I spoke to Gerard, just that a male has taken my reservation but I hadn't got his name. The manager was extremely rude and pushy and kept insisting that I was wrong and never made a reservation at all. When we finally got a table about 35 minutes after arriving our "server" only came over 2 times, so everyone was back and forth to the bar getting drinks. The worst part is that this is not the first time this has happened. In February a friend of mine called to reserve a table upstairs as well. When we arrived the table wasn't ready for almost an hour. Everyone had to crowd around and stand at the bar. When we finally did get our table they closed the bar upstairs so we all had to walk downstairs to get drinks and back upstairs to sit down. I emailed the restaurant the day after my party to tell them about the incident and find out what happened but nobody even had the decency to contact me back. I am very shocked and upset by this. My friends and I will not be going back.

3  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 11 April 2015

It's hard to find good vegetarian food in regular restaurants but here they have a delicious veggie burger served with your choice of sides. My partner loves the Irish ales of which he has a lot of choices. He loves the fresh fish item on the menu. My one complaint would be that washrooms are up a large staircase and I have mobility issues so it is difficult to access.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

This place charged $5 for entrance. There were no washroom privileges inside because of over capacity. You had to use porta potties outside in the cold. Are you kidding me. This was a horrible experience. It's negative temperatures out. Isn't that a health code violation since we were not informed that there were no restrooms available inside?

Reviewed 8 March 2015

SLainte is simply an excellent choice for grabbing a great meal or for having a quick pint or two with some friends. The selection of beer and stout on tap is great. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. The ambiance is unique and the staff are very friendly and efficient. The place is very comfortable and a local favourite.

1  Thank JamesII