“Not a place I'd recommend”
Review of Armando's

Armando's
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Leamington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Having moved to Leamington from Stratford recently, my common law spouse and I were looking forward to checking out Armando's.
I thought Id write directly about our experience instead of posting on Trip advisor.
We dined tonight (Mothers Day) We both work in hospitality and had worked all day.
Our server at the Location in Leamington should not be serving.
We order the Arancini and each ordered an entrée. One of us with soup, one of us with a salad
The menu indicated that all entrées come with soup or salad and bread
The app came, we ate, it was fine.
Then our entrees came.
I asked the server if our soup and salad were coming. She was like, "oh yeah"
We then started our Entrees because they were in front of us. When we were half finished, our soup and salad arrived.
Typically I would assume the plan would be for them to arrive before an entree. I have never dined at Armando's so perhaps this is your standard procedure.
Bread never came. When asked for dessert, I declined and asked for the bill.
When the bill came, I asked the server if we were supposed to have bread with our meal. She said" yeah, but there is no bread ready. " .... Yes, you can't make this up, can you?
Since I am in the industry, I am pretty observant when I dine. I noticed all other tables had bread while we were there. Including tables who were there upon our arrival, and tables who arrived following us.
We arrived at about 5:30pm and left at 6:30pm. I am sure the kitchen had bread ready at that time.
Our server was Rebecca Z. I felt obligated to tip her $2 because servers pay a tip out.
The unfortunate part is that she probably thought that I was the bad guy for not tipping. However, she did not do her job properly at all on this occaision. At this time, I see no need to return to Armando's at this dining experience was certainly sub par.
There was no manager doing table checks, so I was unable to comment.
I would suggest the manager pay closer attention to Rebecca as a server as she is doing doing your restaurant any favours.
I wrote the restaurant directly, and while I was not looking for anything, they offered to mail a gift card, but that never came, so I thought I would post the review on here which is what I should have done in the first place.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I placed a very substantial order for delivery from this place and was disappointed. They forgot the large gravy I ordered and the fish was unbelievably bad. Not recommended.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Was visiting for business and liked it so much I ate here twice for lunch. The first day I had the lunch spaghetti bowl and the next day I had Sicilian pizza. Both dinners were fantastic. Also had tomato soup with sausage and was very appetizing. Prices were reasonable and service was very efficient and friendly

Reviewed 18 May 2018

When I saw this award from a pizza competition held in Las Vegas, I had to try it. It's decent pizza, but I was expecting better. Take away the world #3 claim and I'd probably have no complaints, but with raised expectations I was underwhelmed. The crust was great, but the sauce needed more flavour.
But the restaurant overall is good, with a good selection of other items, good service and friendly staff. One of the better spots in Leamington for a good dinner.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

It was suggested we call for delivery- the woman on the phone was rude and unprofessional. She was abrupt and the charge was over $50 for 2 medium pizzas and it was going to take over an hour. It was 8:30 on Mother’s Day evening (Sunday).