“Excellent food at very reasonable prices”
Review of Roy Thai

Roy Thai
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Leamington
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Small full service restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine with room for 21 people inside and an available outdoor patio with limited seating. Cheers to happy eating! Monday to Friday - 11:30am to 9:00pm Saturday - 4:0pm to 9:00pm Closed on Sundays.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Three of us visited Roy tonight. Very nice Pad Thai and Tom Yum soup. You can ask for Thai level of spiciness but I believe you need to be brave and used to this for it to be pleasant. I asked for medium to hot level and it was perfect. Typically I believe the food will come at a medium to low level as this is typical for US and Canadians (British are used to much hotter curries and Thai food).
Extensive menu- many options. The food is completely authentic and was some of the best Thai food I have had outside of Thailand. The ingredients are all genuine and the flavour mix is well contstructed. Overall a very satisfying evening- all in the group were impressed and we will be back. Thanks Roy!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We went on the weekend. Very quiet. Roy was very friendly and helpful. The food came quickly. Everything was tasty and filling. Very authentic.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Walked in at Roy Thai to find a simple and empty restaurant. We were somewhat hesitant because the place was so quiet but sat down anyway and had our meal.
The food turned out to be really good. My wife and I both had curry dishes and we thoroughly enjoyed our food.
Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I stumbled upon this quaint little Thai place in Leamington. I had lived here for about 2 years when I finally decided to give it a try. I definitely was not disappointed. Food is fantastic, service is great and personable and prices are very reasonable. I have had Thai food elsewhere as well and my go to place is still Roy Thai. A friend of mine from Oakville and I go here for lunch every time he is down and he says it it the best Thai food he has had as well. I have frequented the Roy Thai many times since my First visit in 2013.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Since moving from Toronto to Essex County we've been in search of essentials: good bread, good meats, good vegetables, etc.. Good Thai food remained elusive until this evening when we had dinner at Roy Thai. In fact, at Roy Thai we had the most authentic Thai food since we left Bangkok in 2002.

My wife's red curry was served in a bowl with a traditional consistency and just the right amount of spice. My Tom Yum Potaek soup had a delicious Kafir, basil, lemon grass broth.

It appeared that few people dine in, but the take out business seemed to be flourishing.

Like many cuisines, the native and exported versions are quite different. I commend Roy Thai for their authenticity.