All reviews spacious studio complimentary coffee full kitchen a lot of noise one bedroom suite close to downtown a wonderful stay cassidy unrenovated
Reviewed 27 October 2018

The only issue I had at London Extended Stay was the elevator noises at night. Other than that, I had a great stay. The staff were very helpful in getting me an extra blanket and pillow, the rooms were nice, and It's really close to downtown and the convention centre. No breakfast, but they do have coffee in the lobby.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

During a brief visit of a friend who was staying for the week, a very innapropriate staff memeber cornered us in the elevator to reprimand us for a minor underground parking mishap. While pulling into the garage, my friend made a sharp turn and braked quickly as she did not see one of the hotel staff walking. The staff member threw his hands up in disgust yelling vulgar language through the small garage. She apologized with a hand signal and proceeded to park. While coming up in the elevator nearly 10 minutes later, we were stopped at the loby by an extremely innapropriate staff member who condicendingly advised us as “young ladies” that we be more careful in the garage. The idea that the staff would be watching us to see that we would be on the elevator at that moment through the cameras is extremely unsettling and border line infringing on our privacy. Safe to say I would not recomend as a by stander to this behaviour.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Did an impromptu stopover at London on the way back from Michigan to Toronto. We book it on the day itself. Manage to get a spacious studio (2 double beds) with kitchenette etc. for only $98. Clean and spacious rooms. About 10min walk from the bus/train station. :)

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I was in a convention in London at the Centennial Hall on July 27 and 28th. Due to the group overbooking in Double Tree I wasn't able to reserve my spot so I decided to looked around near Centennial Hall and came across London Extnded Stay. Despite for the bad past reviews, I took my chance and booked a one bedroom suite (Rm 200). The room itself is nice, it is way big for a one person. It has a complete kitchen with some basic kitchen utensils, a pot, a water boiler, coffee maker, pan, toaster,some plates, cups, mugs, fridge ,microwave and a stove. The only thing missing in the room is a standout mirror or a wall mirror to make it complete. It has a view of Dundas street from the balcony. However, the room is close to the elevator. LES elevator is vintage so when it opens and closes it seems like there is a rock dropping on the 3rd floor. Meaning it is a noisy at night and kind of annoying especially when you are trying to get some sleep. My first night was awful. I did not sleep at all so on my second night, I went to the reception and asked for an extra blanket and a sheet because I decided to sleep in the couch instead and cover the door with a towel. It did help with the elevator noise so I sleep good on my last night. Another thing I saw in the morning when I open the curtains in the living room were dog hairs. I mean a lot of them. I did not see it when I arrive because I check in late so I only saw it the next day when I was doing yoga. I told the girl in the morning which I did not catch her name unfortunately, when she deliver the towels to sweep it or vacuum it when I leave which she did but there are still hairs all over. She only sweep, the one infront of the door and the ones I wiped on the side with the badroom rug. I also told this issue with the guys in the reception which again I did not get their names. Missy in the reception was really nice though. She's the one who check me in and give me the sheet and blanket. She even give me extra fitted sheet and flat sheet which I don't need so I ended up returning to her. Dana is also helpful in checking me out.

A word of advice to the owner or operator of London Extended Stay. Please make sure that your supervisors checked the rooms before you hand it to your next guest as some guests are allergic to dogs or cat hairs and make sure to mapped it to catch the remaining hairs and the dust in the corners. Ensure that they also vacuum the wood floors and not only the rug in the middle.I don't expect perfection but at least the dust and hairs under neat the table and chairs should not be noticeable. I understand that housekeeping have a very hard job and quota daily but customer satisfaction is a key in attracting more revenue. In addition, hallway carpets need a good vacuuming too. Ooh by the way, my friend who stayed at LES too on June said that there's left over garbage in their room when they check in so she decided to booked her room at the Holiday Inn next door this time. This kind of thing should not be missed. It's very imperative in the hotel and hospitality industry to impress guests.

Overall, the hotel has a great potential, suites are newly renovated and close to everything.

Room tip: I beleive rooms on the 6th floor is better or at the far end corner away from the elevator.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2018

My husband and I stayed at LES for 7 weeks while he was receiving treatment at the London Regional Cancer Clinic. We can't thank the staff enough for all they did for us. They became a second family while we were there and couldn't do enough to help us. We were greeted with a smile every day and each staff member expressed concern and always asked how things were going and what could be done to help us out. From the lobby visits with reception to the visits from housekeeping, we were always made to feel cared for. We can't thank you all enough for seeing us through an extremely difficult time. Our room was kept clean and Jamie and her staff made sure we had plenty of clean towels and linens. Our room, the French Door Apartment was spacious and our kitchen was well equipped. Extra things were brought to the door as soon as we requested them and "I thought you might need some....." was a common phrase. Special thanks to Cassidy, Dana and Andy at reception who were always there to bolster us up and help us out. They seemed to know when it was a good or bad day and there was a goodie bag to cheer us up on a rough day!! So, as I said before, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Date of stay: June 2018