“Hard to Size Up the Chicken”
Review of Galito's

Galito's
Ranked #444 of 1,758 Restaurants in Mississauga
Description: It's a Flame Grilled Franchise Restaurant from South Africa, we specialize in Peri-Peri sauces which comes in 4 mouthwatering flavors of Lemon & Herb, Mild, Hot and Extra Hot. Out of all the other four Galitos stores here in GTA, Galitos Dixie by far has the maximum capacity of serving 80 plus customer it also has a private party room which can easily accommodate 20 to 25 people.
Reviewed 28 August 2017

After trying to get an answer on the size of the protons I decided upon the whole chicken ($25) with a large side and two garlic sticks. The owner estimated it was somewhere between 3-5 pounds which is quite a variance if true. As it turned out the chicken was small, about two pounds. It was cut into eight pieces and can supposedly feed a family. Not sure how that was possible since it barely feed me. I enjoyed the taste which was just salty enough to enhance the marinade and flame grilled taste. The huge side of rice could have fed a family of four so I guess if you parse out the chicken and rice you could feed fur small eaters. Overall it exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Portion sizes are okay. Chicken was a little dry. Rice was ok. The sauces they offer are good if you like hot and very hot. Crotons on salad were stale. Wait is longer then desired so recommend to call ahead. Delivery is an option.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

very nice looking little place, nice signage but it is below road level so a little hard to see unless you know where it is, bright red facade on building and large sign. I went to the 20 dollar special with 2 sides. full roasted chicken, went for peri chicken and peri rice and peri potatos. the rice was nothing special in fact kind of bland but it was a good change from the Hot peri i had on the chicken, i should have gone for medium, still quite good. the peri potatos were just little round potatos with the sauce on them they may have been better if roasted and dry spiced like the wedges from Nandos down dixie. for some reason they have a couple sides that they charged extra for one was veggies. coke was 1.50 in a can no refills

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

First time we've eaten at a Galito's I had 1/4 chicken breast and a full corn. For normal eaters this would be sufficient, but for me it was too
much. The chicken had a herb lemon dressing which was tasty and the corn was cooked well.

My husband had the burger with fries, he felt it was over cooked and processed the fries were nothing more than adequate

We would only return for the chicken.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Fantastic Meal. The chicken was great. Peri-Peri fries were one of the best fries I've ever had in a restaurant. The veggies are great. The mild sauce for the chicken in plenty hot for me, and I usually like spice. Prices are fantastic. We got the Party Feast for 5 people, which rounds out to $11.20 per person, with lots of leftovers. The garlic bread looks kind of soggy, but is very good. Service is exemplary. We had left a water bottle in the restaurant, and the waiter came outside to the car and gave it to us. The only problem is that they made made a hot chicken instead of a lemon herb, but the error was caught before it was served. It was really more there problem them ours, with the delay being very slight, but the server still explained it to us.

The restaurant was recently built, and looks very good. The bathrooms are outdated. All in all, this popular South African chain is the best in Mississauga for it's casual maket segment.