All reviewsjohn chrisson georgelighthouse roomgreat hostshome away from homefresh eggshighly recommend this b bother guestsbreakfast tableniagara on the lakefree wine tastingfelt like homeeach morninglocal attractionsbottled waterstayed longera wonderful stay
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

John and his family welcomed us with open arms just over a week ago. When we arrived John sat us down for 10 minutes and asked if we already had plans. While we did have plans in place, John made sure we knew where to go and how to get places. He recommended restaurants and transport. He even told us where to park, how much parking is ETC. We really had absolutely no worries at all after sitting through his introduction. During breakfast we gathered with other guests and talked about what we've done, what we planned to do etc. As a host, John really brought the community together. We are very fortunate to have met such a wonderful man and his lovely family. We wish them all the best in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidB4002
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We just left Always Inn B & B this morning and we can't say enough wonderful things about staying there. John & Chris were the perfect hosts. He greeted us & even carried our luggage up to our room. He asked for a few minutes of our time once we got settled to give us a personal orientation of the area & gave some great suggestions on where to eat & what we might like to do. We bought our package of 4 activities & bus pass from him & we were on our way to enjoy Niagara Falls. The bus stop was just around the corner & took us pretty much anywhere we want to go in town.

The breakfasts were a feast to behold. Every morning there was something incredibly delicious to eat. We were there for 3 mornings & they had coffee, tea or hot chocolate with whip cream plus fruit juices & fresh fruit & toast every day. One morning we had scrambled eggs from their own chickens along with sausages, cinnamon rolls & the most delicious seasoned mushrooms I've ever tasted. Another morning we had fried eggs, bacon & baked tomatoes. This morning we had his famous french toast with real Maple syrup, cinnamon rolls & bacon. John & Chris stayed & chatted with everyone during breakfast & let us all tell them about our previous days adventures in his amazing town. They even furnished us with bottled water.

It was the cleaned B&B we have ever stayed in. It was a no shoes allowed policy which is perfect to keep the floors clean. Our room was a Lighthouse themed room & perfect for a me & my husband.

We felt so comfortable & at home with them & would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancichrisUT
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We were a family of 6 cousins ranging in age of 16-58 and a mix of USA & Italian citizens with personalities all over the place, but we all agreed that we just loved this place and should have spent more time at John & Chris's place.
Our first impression is what a quaint, absolutely charming, but well-restored home we had just entered. The second, (and most important for me) was how absolutely clean this place was! And I'm not talking just surface-clean, I'm talking, EVERYWHERE impeccably clean - including corners, on top of floor molding, behind the toilet and in the cabinets clean. I realized this after we were asked to swap out our shoes for brand new, disposable slippers. I do the same thing in my own home, taking real pride and care of my own place, so I just knew I wasn't going to have any complaints, and my hosts absolutely did not disappoint.
After John and Chris give you an overview of the layout and show you your room, they ask you for 10 minutes of your time to give you maps, an overview of their area, attractions and restaurant suggestions based on what you like, transportation tips, etc.
Now for the really good stuff: the beds and breakfast! This is obviously the most important part, and what makes them exceptional :-)
BREAKFAST - for our stay, it was at 8:30am sharp, Here is why: aside from the fact that he has many guests staying, it really is the most convenient time to accommodate everyone. But the other reason is the he takes some serious pride in his breakfast and really wants you to enjoy a HOT and hearty meal and goes the length to make sure you get and enjoy just that, which takes a bit of planning, preparation and effort to have it all come out together efficiently without wasting your time waiting for it. If you're not a morning person like me, wake up 5 mins before and get ready afterwards. Trust me, it's worth it, he sources it locally and from his garden, (including the fresh eggs from his chickens!) and prepares something different for you everyday. You will be well fed and feel pampered. They keep you company and make sure you have enough of everything. I loved chatting with them, as did my cousins.
BED - omg, this is where me and my cousins really, really regretted our decision in not staying longer here instead of nothing-special-Toronto.
We just melted into our beds every night. The mattresses were of excellent quality, thick, not too firm, not too soft. Pillows were great. And the sheets were superb - soft & silky as warm butter - hence the 'melt' into a beautiful, blissful sleep.
The rooms were spacious with plenty of room to spread out and the bathroom was perfect. It was beyond immaculate and we were given fresh towels every day, which I didn't think was done anymore! ...there may have been nice robes as well, but I'm not positive, since we unfortunately did not have time to lounge). And btw, for those that abhor a messy, wet floor like me, this was the first time in my 40 years of travel that not one drop of water leaked from any part of their shower onto the floor. The shower also had great water pressure. too).

Maybe it is just the Italian in us, but we really appreciated the extra care, effort and attention to details they have towards their home and guests. None of it was lost on us!
Mille grazie John and Christine!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank lauranyc65
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect location, very close to the bus stop that can take you everywhere in Niagara. John's house was fantastic, incredibly clean and the bed was really comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was amazing, each day a different breakfast cooked by John using eggs from his chicken and his homemade jam from his garden. Once we settled in, the owner gave us a great overview of important information about the area and thanks to him we were organised very well during our two days in Niagara. I really suggest this place for every kind of traveller.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Voyage729536
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing! The owners are fantastic people! There is a great care for the house.The breakfast is one of the most special things during your vacation here! I love this place, I left a little piece of my heart there!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family