“Thanks for the big windows!”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2012

What a great view! Can’t say the hotel was fabulous, can’t say the food was the best, and can’t say that the staff was the nicest. What I can tell you is that you should stay here simply for the view. What do you think I am going to say next? Why, to ask for a room facing the falls of course! :)

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room facing the falls! I'll bet you want to look at it one more time b...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Trvlng4fun
Write a ReviewReviews (7,583)

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Our stay was amazing we were so looking forward to booking a tour but our entire stay there was no one at the tour desk to ever help us!! we stayed over the weekend and just shocked that it was constantly unoccupied! We ended hp getting a wonderful tour down by the falls that was a magical experiance and definitey recommended. The girls at the Starbucks teresa and angela gave us great customer service and delicious coffee to start our morning we were so thankful of them!! The restaurant was pretty decent with an amazing view and the manager of the gift shop was wonderful helping us pick out souvenirs.
Racillia at the front desk was also a treat and made out stay much more enjoyable.
All in all besides the horrific lack of a tour desk, our stay was awesome!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Champtracy
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Location excellent the keg steakhouse
Butterfly park
Clifton hill

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Hector G
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We booked a bi-level Presidential Suite...it was gorgeous, clean and huge. We actually got married in the lower salon level and the room made for great prop wedding pictures. The concierge lounge was very accomodating, we would like to thank our Concierge Service Person SARAH RUNGE (food and beverage department) for making our visits at the lounge so pleasurable, it was very refreshing to see her hair and nails so attentatively different than most others, she was polite and beautiful in person and personality, please stay unique Sarah, it compliments your character so wonderully we really enjoyed your spirit. Also would like to give recognition to the young many who took care of us at the front desk, great job JUSTIN, thanks for recommending a second evening upgrade, we loved our stay. I would recommend Janet (recieving department) to take care of all your deliveries as she did such a wonderful job recieving and delivering in person my wedding cakes and flowers, Thank-You Janet. Everyone of these people made our stay and wedding so much more pleasurable. Very clean and well polished is how I would describe all area's through out the hotel, there are 2 hot tubs, one smaller with the pool and one in its own encasement on the opposite side of the pool which was larger and more intimate with a walled water fall...what a nice way to relaxe. We were on the 16th floor and enjoyed the view of the falls so much. Our room had 2 bathrooms which were very clean and nicely set up, plenty of good lighting for pictures. An altogether great place to spend your wedding nite or week. THANK-YOU to all employee's at the Marriott Fallsview for making our wedding stay such a success. Our room was very noise proof and the bedding and mattresses would be great to have in my own home...so comfy soft.

Room Tip: 16th floor gave more than adequate view of the Falls
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PDoucet
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Let me start of by saying, I am a Marriott gold member, so I spend at least 50 nights per year in various Marriott properties. With that said, after this stay I may actually consider changing my chain loyalty.

With the exception of one waiter (at breakfast) the staff at this Marriott is exceptional. They are polite, hard working, show concern and will engage you in conversation….they do not treat you as if you are a nuisance.

I booked a king room with a whirlpool tub, but due to my Marriott status was upgraded to a Jr. Presidential suite. This really was not as impressive as it sounds. The website describes the room like this:

“These luxurious fallsview accommodations feature a large two-person whirlpool, fireplace, and French doors leading into a separate sitting area”

It is a slightly larger room and it was nice to have to separate seating area, but we did not have a fireplace. I am not complaining because I did enjoy the upgrade, but had I paid for this room based on the websites description, I would have been unhappy.

We did however have some issues with our room:

The bed……. Generally, Marriott beds are great, soft and very comfortable, usually with a feather topper on most. Not the case at this Marriott. The bed was so hard my husband found it more comfortable to sleep on the love seat in our sitting areas. I have to say this was definitely not Marriott’s style.

The whirlpool tub….. Now the tub looked clean, in fact it still had what appeared to be some residue from the green cleanser used to scrub it. I filled the tub and ran the jets. When I stopped the jets, I noticed an unusual amount of small black hair and dust that was now floating in the water. I have no idea if this was in the tub itself or stuck in the whirlpool jets.

The room temperature…..When we initially walked into our room it felt like a sauna, so we immediately lowered the thermostat. When the temperature did not go down, we lowered it again….we ended up lowering it to 60 degrees Fahrenheit, but still no change in temperature. We mentioned this to one of the staff members and was told that they there were experiencing some problems in the entire hotel. We also heard other patrons complaining about it at breakfast; they felt their comments were ignored. We closed the drapery in our room during the day in an attempt to keep some of the sunlight out, hoping this would help. We finally resorted to opening our room door, propping it open and letting some of the cooler air from the hallway in.

Housekeeping…..beginning at 7:30am I heard this loud banging noise (boom boom) repeatedly. It was loud enough to wake me up. After a few minutes, I got up to see what was going on, with all intentions of telling off whoever was making the noise. Then I saw who it was…housekeeping in the room next to ours. They had propped the door open with the metal latch and every time she went in and out of the room the door slammed against the latch bounced off and hit a second time. This went on for 3o minutes, stopped and then started again when she went to another room.

The spa…..Our spa treatments were great, the staff was very professional, courteous and helpful. We purchased the most expensive couples packages they offer. The Website describes the Spa treatment like this:

“Our Spa Suite, designed for two, awaits you and yours. Enjoy the ultimate in relaxation as you receive simultaneous Facials, Relaxation Massages, and Deluxe Spa Pedicures then lounge leisurely by the fireplace, and indulge your body and mind as you enjoy your Hydrotherapy experience in your own private bath using re-mineralizing Oligomer, rich with 104 trace elements.”

The picture looks like this all happens in one room…..not the case at all. We were shifted around between three rooms and two waiting areas. (not very relaxing) I took a quick shower in the women’s locker room before my pedicure. One of the attendants came in afterwards and dried the shower out…..did not clean or sanitize it…just dried it. I was a little repulsed by this.

The other thing they never mention to you is the taxes that you pay in Canada. Our spa treatment package cost $645, but the taxes totaled $110…needless to say it was a bit shocking.

I have to say, the experience was very disappointing and not up to Marriott’s standards.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple