“A shame Froshberg Gelato has closed”
Review of Froshberg Gelato

Froshberg Gelato
Ranked #21 of 22 Dessert in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We were driving around Niagara Falls in Ontario when we decided to stop for some gelato. We looked up Froshberg Gelato and thought that we would try them. When we arrived, we found that Froshberg Gelato had gone out of business. Thankfully, it has been replaced by another ice cream parlor.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

By husband and I are Gelato lovers, but this chain just carries the basic flavors that are not really Gelato flavors - more like ice cream flavors and not many to choose from

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This place looks very enticing. But looks can be deceiving. While it has a wide variety of gelatos the ones that we had weren't very good. Gelato should taste as fresh and pure as the fruit with which it's made. But Frosberg's tastes a somewhat artificial. The quality is lacking. Maybe they don't use the best ingredients? Maybe they use some artificial sweetener? Whatever it is I'd skip this place, especially given the high price of about $5 per small serving. One caveat: the crepes look fantastic.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The desserts that my boyfriend and I got sure did hit the spot. The man behind the counter and his wife were this sweet elderly couple and were very helpful. I asked to sample a flavor, he gave me two and said "just in case". I have been here two times in two days and the dessert and service were great both times! I give this place two thumbs up!!! They even have dairy-free options ☺.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Got a sweet tooth after a large meal, and decided to go with my family to visit Crepe Delicious / Froshberg Gelato to get some gelato. As it was a first time visit to this place, my wife didn't know how the gelato tasted, so like in nearly all gelato / ice cream stores she asked nicely for a spoon sample. The man behind the counter refused to give a sample of the gelato. We said it was our first time here and we don't know what the taste was like. If no-sampling is going to be the store policy, put that in clear legible writing so that customers know before-hand.