“exquisite!”

Strathaird Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for two days in mid-July. Tom and Val were wonderful, gracious hosts. The rooms were very comfortable and cozy, and most with ensuites. The decor and background music were distinctly gentle Scottish,and very pleasing! The breakfasts were very delicious, gourmet and filling! The location is a five minute drive to the Falls! Our stay was totally restful and refreshing!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for two days going into 4th of July weekend. Tom and Val were the perfect hosts starting from the late hour in which we arrived. The B & B is small but very comfortable, clean and cozy. The rooms are a bit tight but for two people that were up by 8am and back in bed at midnight it was just fine. For the value i'm not complaing! We figured that with all the extras a B & B has to offer; free parking, internet and a huge breakfast (my sweet tooth enjoyed the breads and my husband loved the large portions of meat), we basically paid about $60 USD for the room. Give me a lovely and friendly B & B over those low-star chain hotels and motels any day.
Now Tom and Val...don't raise your prices just because of my positive review! Your prices are why people that typically travel on a budget can get away for vacation. We appreciate that! Especially since the two holidays for Canadians and Americans are the same week. The owners could have drastically raised prices like many other establishments I looked at before I booked at Strathaird.
Yes, it is a bit away from all the attractions but the street is much more quiet for that reason. If you are in good health and don't mind a 15 minute walk to The Falls you can save on pricey parking. The first night we arrived Tom also gave us directions to their local downtown and some sports bars. It's about a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction of The Falls. My husband and I walked both directions late at night (around midnight) and felt completely at ease. There is also the WeGo bus that has a stop around the block from the B & B- ask Tom about that.
We are already planning another trip up to visit all the things that we missed last weekend and will be staying with Tom and Val again. Great place to stay for a great price.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at B & B's in many countries. Tom & Val win the contest hands down. They are the most personable, gracious and accommodating hosts ever. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean and quiet. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Towels were large and looked like new ( a big plus in my book ).The breakfasts were really excellent. We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed a completely different breakfast each morning; eggs & bacon, pancakes & sausage, omelet, quiche, and all with fruit, juice, home-baked muffins and sweet breads, coffee or tea. And it all comes with an excellent knowledge of the area with questions answered, suggestions made, etc. There is a walking trail to the falls right across the street. The WEGO bus stop is a 5 minute walk. The location is very convenient to the falls and a very safe area. The chairs & swing on the porch are a great place to talk and relax. We highly recommend Strathaird B & B. Tom & Val are the "icing on the cake".

Room Tip: Two in-suite rooms on the 2nd floor are superb.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Strathaird was a great place to stay the night when we were attending a wedding in Queenston, near Niagara Falls. Tom gave us a warm welcome, provided us all the information we needed, and let us be when we were settling in. The room was very clean and well kept, simple but good. The lighting was a little difficult for getting ready and it lacked a full length mirror—though we probably wouldn't have noticed this if we weren't getting ready for a wedding. The shower was also quite tight! Breakfast was good, and the place is safe and well situated within the area. I would definitely recommend this to anyone needing a good value bed and breakfast in an area where it is difficult to find!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The owner are very friendly. The place is so clean, safe, and good location where is not too far from all attractions. The breakfast was excellent. l would give them five star rating.
Chris&Julie