“Great place for lunch in Niagara on the Lake”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

My wife and I had lunch at Zee's before a Shaw Festival Play. I do recommend getting a reservation, since sometimes it can be busy for lunch before the matinee Shaw festival plays. The food is very good and the service is excellent. We enjoyed eating here, and will go back for lunch next time we are in Niagara on the Lake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve eaten at Zees several times and it never disappoints. Great atmosphere and service, with delicious food. The Swordfish is a “must try” main. They have a good selection of wines to accompany your meal. If you’re in Niagara-on-the-Lake you must go to Zees Grill.

Peggy W, General Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you Jack494916 for the recent review and for choosing Zees Grill. With so many culinary choices in Niagara on the Lake, it is the highest compliment when guests dine with us regularly. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the swordfish, Chef's signature dish paired with some great Niagara wines.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Zees Grill.

Warmest Regards,

Peggy Jo Wills
Hotel and Restaurant Manager
Zees Grill- Shaw Club Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2018

At noon on a Tuesday, found a metered parking spot under a shade tree in front of Zees Grill. Not crowded yet, got seated right away inside. Waitress was friendly. Ordered their signature dish, "Turkey Sandwich" described as herb & peppercorn brined turkey breast, cranberry infused aioli, charred rosemary foc. bread. What I got was some very dry shredded turkey with BONES (yes, I did crunch down on a bone), with some light pink substance stuck to the bread, and the bread was BURNT and it came with fries (that were all the small remanents from the bottom of the pan) for $18. I complained and they brought me another dry turkey sandwich (at least the bread wasn't burnt this time) and gave me back the same fries. Watch out for bones! Won't be back. Too bad because it is within walking distance to the Shaw Festival.

1  Thank EbMnWS17
Peggy W, General Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you EbMnWS17 for your recent review of Zees Grill. I must say I was disappointed to hear about your experience, as you can see from even the most recent reviews this is not the standard. Our Turkey sandwich is a guest favourite and typically gets rave reviews. I am sorry to hear that this wasn't the case when you joined us for lunch.

I have passed along this feedback to Chef and his team. I hope you will reconsider and give Zees Grill a second chance. Please reach out to me personally on your next visit to Niagara on the Lake.

Warmest Regards,

Peggy Jo Wills
Hotel and Restaurant Manager
Zees Grill- Shaw Club Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Niagara on the Lake is a beautiful town and Zees Grill is perfectly situated. I stopped for breakfast with my daughter on the way to the falls and the staff and food were both excellent.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We enjoyed a nice breakfast on the Zees patio, and couldn't be happier. A beautiful view of their nicely maintained garden area, very relaxing!!!! The menu was relatively simple, but we each found something to enjoy. The portions were very generous, fresh, and well prepared. The staff was helpful and courteous.