“Awful everything ”
Review of Cannery Restaurant

Cannery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: The Cannery menu will appease every appetite with a balanced selection of steak, seafood, and vegetarian options. Our Executive Chef prepares generous portions that allow local Niagara-on-the-Lake ingredients to shine. Top it all off with a sweet and savoury dessert featuring fresh local fruits or devilishly dark chocolate. Every guest will leave satisfied with great service and an outstanding taste of Ontario cuisine. Every dish can be complemented by a selection from our extensive Wine List, filled with local and international favourites.
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our meal at the cannery restaurant. The service was
awful! The waitress rushed through the specials. We later overhead a waiter that seemed to be describing other food but it was just his complete descriptions.

Our prime ribs were raw. The Yorkshire pudding, a usual favorite of mine was cold and hard. I requested a hot one and was told that was how they came. The twice baked goat cheese and pistachios soufflé was tasteless. The restaurant kindly did not charge me for it.

When presented with the dessert menu, the first thing the waitress said was you do not have enough time for our specialty the banana dessert. We had been at the restaurant over 1.5 hours at this point. Usually, restaurants with desserts it take a long time tell you when you order your own entree.

I cannot believe this restaurant is so highly rated! We will not return.

Tes S, Manager at Cannery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry you did not enjoy your dinner with us. We will talk to the team on how important it is to describe the dishes to the guest so they better understand what it is they are ordering and have passed on your comments to the kitchen regarding your Yorkshire pudding. Prime Rib is served med rare, however we wish you had let us know that you preferred it more well done as we easily could have cooked it further or provided you with an end cut. I am happy we were able to take the Goat Cheese Soufflé off your bill as we understand not every item on the menu will be to the liking of each and every guest. When going to the theatre, it is recommended that our guests dine with us early, as 1.5hrs – 2hrs would be a very typical dining time in any fine dining restaurant. Your server would have been concerned about your ability to get out in time and was only trying to help, we are sorry if you read it any other way. Once again, thank you for your review, all your concerns have or will be addressed with the team.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Nice dinner at the Cannery restaurant. Prime rib was cooked perfectly, and the date night package was a great value. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Cannery restaurant in July of 2018 as a couple.

The restaurant was busy but we still received very quick and personal service.

I had the salmon dish which was sweet and perfectly cooked and tender. It was the best salmon I've had in quite a while. I highly recommend it. I think it was called the Marrakesh salmon.

My wife had the prime rib. It was perfectly done and served with delicious vegetables. It was a pretty large serving so I even got to try some.

Our server provided us with an excellent wine pairing to go with our meals.

I can easily recommend this restaurant. You should try it when in the Niagara on the Lake area.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Always enjoy the many options of the Sunday Buffet as a special family get-together (with or without staying at the Pillar and Pist Inn and Spa)
Great hot and cold food options. Especially like the individuals omelets and waffles station.
Great service and food with relaxed and still elegant/special atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is a lovely restaurant with great atmosphere nicely located off the main drag in a residential neighborhood. It is part of an Inn,spa building of the more expensive group. The service was very good and the food was excellent. The prices were too high for us but would appeal to those with deep pockets or for a very special occasion. Menu was good and varied. Good experience other than the cost.

Hi Brian G
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am glad you got to experience the Pillar & Post Conference center and Spa. It is such a beautiful 4 diamond hotel.
Our price are pretty comparable to the other restaurants in the Niagara on The Lake area.
I will pass on your review to the team.
Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review

Cheers