“Romantic”

Old Firehall
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual Dining in the heart of wine country.
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Been here many times. It's our favourites place in ontario. Marina and I try to get here for special occasions. Great food. Great service and good wines. Beats the rush of downtown not or the falls.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This is a converted old fire hall. It has a causal and calming atmosphere and holds about 30 people. 'The service was great and the food was delicious. I had lunch and It was healthy portion.This place is a well kept secret.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The restaurant is located in the village of St David's (not in Niagara-on-the-Lake proper) in what used to be the village fire station. We've been there twice and both times had very good food, pleasant and friendly service at this small restaurant. One thing that could be improved is the temperature of the food on the plate when it arrives - our soup had to be warmed up and my main course wasn't exactly hot either. But I couldn't complain about the quality of my lamb chops, the creamy mashed potatoes, or even the crème brulee dessert. They were all perfectly prepared and delicious to eat. There are perhaps 10 tables (which can be moved to accommodate larger groups) and a small bar for folks who just want to stop by for a drink, and the atmosphere reminds me of somewhat of the small, cosy pubs that where I've had some good meals in England.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

We just returned from from a family outing with relatives from Florida and our first meal at the Firehall Restaurant in St. Davids. ur overall impression was quite positive.The location mid-way between the NOTL Old Town and Niagara Falls is off the beaten trackfor many tourists but easily accessible by car. The menu is broad and interesting representing good value with options for every palate .Our dishes were competently prepared and presented but lacked inspiration and memorable flavours.Olive oil is used generously.Nothing was wrong with any of our dishes but with more artistry in the use of seasoning the quality of the meals could have been elevated significantly.It is quite possible given how long this establishment has been in the same location this home cooked culinary style might well serve the regular clientel.
What was notetable was the exceptional treatment from our server Katerina who had a pleasant demeanor and was helpful;knowledgeable and always available.
Overall we had a very pleasant evening in quaint surroundings with good Italian and Greek inspired food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Had lunch on a slow Saturday. The place hasn't changed in the past four years since I was there last. Food was ok, nothing special. The décor and atmosphere really could use some work. The marks of wear on the back wall are really quite embarrassing. I would not come back here.

2  Thank lazytraveller13