“Great farm to table restaurant!”
Review of Backhouse

Backhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Backhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$28 - US$79
Description: Quietly tucked away in a small strip-mall in uptown Niagara on the Lake is one of Canada’s best restaurants. Backhouse offers a continuously evolving menu with a commitment to integrated cool climate cuisine and enlightened hospitality. Upon finding Backhouse, the aroma of peach wood burning in the brick oven and glow of the wood-fired grill lets guests know that they are not out for dinner but rather that they are embarking on a culinary journey of somewhereness. Boasting a finely curated local and international wine list dedicated to low intervention winemaking, craft cocktails, and tasting menus, guests are assured to have one of their best dining experiences. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful service, unique menu, delicious inventive cuisine! We had fun with our waiter (I think Leland?) sharing travel tips. I would. Definitely go back again if we're in the area!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely loved the experience at this restaurant. The concept is very interesting as it serves dishes made only with seasonal local ingredients. The atmosphere is great, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Chef's table is a great place to sit as you can see the chef preparing all dishes right in front of you!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

when to Backhouse for my family dinner and it was amazing! We all had the chef tasting menu. Happy that everything on menu is in season and local. In love with the duck liver pate and the egg emulsion course. Definitely appreciate the meat cousre being cook on open fire, such a nice smoke flavour. Service was spot on, and this is now my new favorite restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had dinner at Backhouse on the recommendation of our B and B hosts; and it was amazing. My wife and I each had the tasting menu with the wine pairings and we left there after an amazing experience with each course and pairing. The staff was extremely accommodating with my nut allergy and even sent us home with some nut-free tasting sized desserts. The staff were all very friendly and because we were seated at the chef's bar, we got to meet and talk to some of the cooking staff. The wood fired grill was like having dinner in front of a roaring fire. Simply astounding and we will defiantly be going back.

1  Thank 17BA17
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My wife and I ate here for our wedding anniversary. I am not what one would call a foody but this place opened my eyes to there being more to eating out than The Keg!

We had the 9 course Chef's tasting menu. Every single item was delicious and things I would never normally try. My wife had the wine pairing selection which was also excellent.

If you want somewhere that is a total treat, this is the place.