“Ok...”

Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Ok...”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The place is clean, it has a funny smell thou ?? Very well situated. The internet is absolutely horrible, I have had better speed in rural China.....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with others in TripAdvisor!

I am going to have our internet connection verified to ensure that it is working properly and will also have housekeeping check the room you occupied to make sure there is no unpleasant odour. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I'm glad to hear that you like our location! It's close to so many restaurants, shops, museums and other activities that it really allows our guests to make the best of their time in the Nation's Capital.

Thank you again reviewing your experience and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Ottawa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The greatest feature of this property is its location right in Byward Market, two blocks from the US Embassy, and a couple more blocks from Parliament Hill. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was a very comfortable chair for use during leisure moments. It's always great to find that when you check into a room. The hotel has a very pleasant common living room area where food and drinks are available starting in the late afternoon. This is an older property but maintenance appeared to be okay. Rooms on the north side of the building, especially first floor rooms, may be subject to quite a bit of street noise. The hard Rock Cafe is right across the street and the neighborhood is well-populated with other entertainment venues that may keep people on the streets until the wee hours. Even in a first floor room I didn't find it objectionable, but others may not be so tolerant. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was responsible for directing a small meeting, and found the banquet staff be be very efficient and the food to be quite good. I would not hesitate to return to this Courtyard or to place another meeting at this venue.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the Rue York (north) side of the building if you think you will find street noise dis...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with others!

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We tried to combine style, comfort and practicality so that our guests able to get the most out of their stay with us. We'd also have to agree that our location is the best in Ottawa! So much to see and do all within such a close vicinity! As you also held a meeting with us, you truly got to experience everything we have to offer, from our rooms to our lounge to our banquet facilities and we're happy that it was all up to your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide a high quality service to each of our guests and I look forward to passing on your kind words.

Again, thank you for sharing your opinion with other travelers and we hope to have the chance to host you again soon!
Toronto
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Yes, it's probably the best located hotel in Ottawa. And it's clean and comfortable. But my experience with the staff left me soured:

Checked in 45 minutes early (they said it was no problem). Dropped my things off in my 2nd floor room and headed out.

Came back later, and my luggage was sitting on the floor behind the front desk, unattended. When I asked the front desk employee why it was there, I was told that it was found in a vacant room on the 2nd floor. When I told her that, no, that was my room, she insisted that I was on the fourth floor.

Bottom line: they moved me to a different room without telling me and left my stuff on the ground for anyone to snatch.

Not impressed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
ontario
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Let me start off by saying, in the folder front desk hands you with your room key, there is a slip of paper in it asking you to put a review on trip advisor ...strange? tacky? We have travelled alot and have never seen this before. Myself, hubby and daughter stayed there for the weekend of March 16 -18.It was a crazy party weekend, the place was packed with university kids. It was St patricks day as well as Toronto was playing Ottawa (hockey) good hotel and great location parking was inexpensive $15 day ( and to agree with the previous review, parking is very scarace, hard to find a spot) front desk was very friendly and helpful. A few complaints such as, mold in shower, bathtub would not drain and door lock fell off in my hand maintaince had the problems fixed by the time we got back to room for the night. Overall, a good hotel (even with the problems) and I would stay again, only if I was able to get it through priceline Not worth the advertised rate. Will be travelling to Ottawa on a regular basis as daughter will be attending school in Ottawa.

Room Tip: rooms facing the street are noisey, however good location to see the action on the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

We do encourage our guests to post reviews, as we believe travelers should have access to honest and unbiased opinions and reviews. It also helps us to identify what's important to our guests and what we're doing well and where we could improve. We're glad to hear that while you did encounter some issues during your stay, our staff quickly worked to resolve them!
The in and out priviledge that goes with our parking is very handy for those who plan to be out and about in Ottawa. As our rates can vary literally day to day, month to month based on occupancy, I recommend taking a look out advanced purchase option as it can help save you money.

Again thank you for providing others with an honest review and we hope to see you again soon as your daughter starts school in Ottawa! We wish her the best!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I've stayed in this hotel many times for the last 10 years. Its location is perfect, right in the middle of ByWard Market, close to so many good restaurants and within walking distances to Canada's national capital important sites.

Service, quality of room, parking facilities, access, quietness are all perfect. Excellent 'rapport qualité/prix'...

Highly recommend it.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest and sharing your feelings with other travelers!

We're so glad to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us! We try very hard to ensure our guests have the experience they deserve. As you said, the location is really great! Good food, fun activities, Parliament buildings and museums all within a short distance. I look foward to sharing your comments with our staff!

I want to thank you again for telling others about your experience and we look foward to hosting you again soon!