“Good food and reasonably priced!”
Review of Rangoon Restaurant

Rangoon Restaurant
Ranked #426 of 2,897 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Burmese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 613-680-8821
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Dined here during our recent visit to Ottawa. Our first try of Burmese food. Very tasty and not too spicy.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from rangoon restaurant on Gloucester. Never had birman food but obviously similar to thai food with a bit of indian. We had fried spring rolls as appetizers and as main couse she had coconut shrimp and a side of rice (strangely the plate had just shrimps) and i had curry chicken. We both enjoyed the food, we thought that it would be spicy but it was not. Place was half empty but am sure during the week with government employees close by there are more people. Would return anytime

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Never having had Burmese food, we asked for help in our decisions and the owner was delighted to help out. He suggested a soup and appetizer and 2 main courses that we just loved, a chicken noodle dish and beef with basil. So good! We talked with him quite a bit about Myanmar and his experiences. If I lived here, I'd become a regular. We have one more night in town and may just go again! Very comfortable place.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Ate here for the first time this week and was very surprised how busy it was, and how super friendly and welcome the staff is. It felt like going to their house, or what I imagine eating at a family owned stall in the markets of Myanmar would be. The food is excellent and plentiful. There are some comments about the service, but I didn't see it as slow more as it was what it was and that made it feel friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank Yvonne H
Reviewed 3 July 2017

For those who may not have eaten Burmese cuisine, do not go expecting Chinese or Thai. There is a much more wonderful mix of flavours here. My wife and I went here for dinner on Friday evening. Service was good, helpful and polite. Food came out quickly. We had the Green Tea Leaf salad which was a little different from what I expected, having eaten this dish in a number of other Cities. It had lettuce added to it. I suppose to placate Canadian tastes for salad. Despite that, the flavours were wonderful, both tangy and nutty. We also had the Coconut Shrimp and Noodles with chicken. Both were excellent. We will likely go back even though we are just spending a few days in Ottawa.