“Good food!”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

A neat little diner with great choices. I had breakfast (Greek breakfast with pea meal bacon side) and my dad had liver. Both were good, great service and fair prices (approx $30, included coffee/tea).

Bellytalk, Owner at The Wellington Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for sharing positive waves and experiences. I will share this with the staff.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Always great food and specials and always great service...get there early if you're going on the weekend...they fill up quick!

Bellytalk, Owner at The Wellington Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and spread positive energy. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

And the debate goes on. My excellent lobster poutine with hollandaise sauce had a generous serving of lobster meat... which makes me wonder: was it really lobster meat, or a very good imitation? Doesn't really matter, because it was simply delicious. Also tried the chicken chipotle wrap which was very tasty. The daily soup was not as successful: a dark-colored veggie soup a bit too heavy on the salt.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I so wanted to like this place. After seeing a Groupon for the Wellington Diner, I decided it was time to try this famous restaurant. I had heard great things after all.

The burger I ordered was average and heavily seasoned. The fries were good and I did enjoy the chipotle mayo which was very small and cost a buck extra.

My companion ordered the quesadillas which were average as well and came with a small portion of salsa and sour cream. We ordered a vanilla milkshake which was great but expensive. I ordered also a Beau's beer which I had never tried before but enjoyed. They only sell a few craft beers here.

When we tried to pay for our meal using the Groupon, we were told we needed to mark the offer redeemed on our phone, in order to use it. We had printed the Groupon out instead. When the waitress said she would go speak with her manager, we began to worry. Our bill was close to $50 and we had a coupon for $20 worth of food.

The waitress came back and said the Groupon was for two entrees only and my burger platter was not considered an entree. I argued a little bit but she had already conferred with her manager so I didn't want to cause a scene.

NOWHERE on the menu is there a subheading listing ENTREES by the way. We left, I tossed my Groupon because I was not giving this restaurant anymore of my money.

I complained to Groupon which was also an awful experience. They had the manager of the Wellington Diner email me and asking me to call him. I did. This begins another awful experience and left me in shock.

I called the next day and the manager had said that there were no supervisors or managers in that night. I thought this was rather odd since it was a busy Friday night after all. So this means that when the waitress told me she went and spoke with the manager, she was untruthful. Disappointing.

The manager told me the Groupon was for two entrees and that was that. I pointed out that the burger I had should have been an entree and he said it should have. It was the quesadillas that were not an entree. This was opposite from what the waitress had told us.

When I began to explain that I had really just wanted him to know about our experience, and that I would not be using the groupon, he became defensive. I told him I am a Trip Advisor member and would be writing a poor review. This is when he started yelling at me, talking over me and bullying me. I chose to end the call.

I can't believe a manager of this restaurant would ever talk to anyone like that, let alone someone who just spent $50 of their hard earned money. I am already taking the matter up with Groupon but beware of this place!

2  Thank Karen P
Bellytalk, Owner at The Wellington Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

You are exactly why businesses don't want to do Groupon... I have met a lot of great Groupon clients however you make it less enjoyable for us.
You ordered an APPETIZER as a meal.
I tried to help you and then I realized I needed to explain to you that an appetizer was ordered and your Groupon couldn't be processed.
Clearly you can't be this easily fooled? Clearly you get out and navigate Groupon and other restaurants on TripAdvisor so I'll leave it at APPETIZER.
You were hostile and extremely rude. I tried to help you regain your money from Groupon but you hung up and threatened to write reviews and stated I'll be very sorry. Well I am. I'm sorry you came to our great little diner. What a shame.
APPETIZER AS A MEAL

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

After finally getting from Arnprior to The Wellington Diner, a bit of a haul.lol
My better half and I were quickly seated and given a menu along with offered coffees and water. The place is busy and rightly so. I ordered the Pageau 4444 breakfast and my wife had the Campfire Hash. Both were excellent and we are both still raving about our next visit. You get excellent value for dollars here. The staff are on point and the decor is perfect for the setting. No other breakfast spot in Ottawa compares and we'll worth any distance to get there. I'm sure the lunch and dinner selections rock but haven't tried them yet so I can't comment on them...yet!