“wonderful food and great personal sevice”
Review of El Gusto Mazzola

El Gusto Mazzola
Ranked #510 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2016

This is one of the best restaurants in Ottawa, for Argentinian food, for Italian food and for meat and seafood dishes, it's really a lot like eating with your family because everyone there seems like a family, there is a real care for preparing excellent food.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

The empanadas are just like having them on the streets of Argentina.
We had the chicken, steak and swordfish. It is refreshing to find a restaurant where you can taste the food and not all the spices they use.

The owners are absolutely fantastic!

Best dinner we have had in Ottawa in a very long time.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I went for an event at this restaurant, the food, the ambience and the wine were fantastic. Great place for Argentine tapas or for lunch and dinner. I sample over 7 dishes and they were all succulents. ingredients were fresh and very nice spice combinaison.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Cheryl and I went with friends, Rob & Marisol to an awesome Argentinian restaurant called Elgusto Mazzola, 939 Somerset. Excellent food, atmosphere and great service. We would highly recommend the steak and appetizers.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I ordered the rib not exactly sure what it was specifically called. I visited Argentina in February 2015 and had some great steak but never ordered the classic open fire cooked ribs. To be honest when I ordered the rib I thought I was going to get pork ribs that's how ignorant I am. It turned out it was a massive piece of angus beef rib grilled. It was simply amazing, my friend ordered "regular" steak, he enjoyed it but was a little down that he hadn't ordered the rib. We'll have to go back if ever he visit's again from Montreal.

There was only one waitress that night and my friend was annoyed by the wait but I insisted we stick around and he was glad we did. The chef-owner came out after everyone was served and chatted with the guests, he explained the traditional cooking method and discussed how he prepared the meat. I can't remember the whole conversation but we were enthralled, we of course also discussed Argentina in general as well and how he came to Canada.

The food was great, we made reservations for a Saturday and not many people were there but it was a great meal and I would love to go back soon. If you like steak get the rib, it's served on the bone and is just amazing. My biggest regret is not getting the locro.