Having had numerous delays with the train from Quebec City due to a freight train my arrival was almost 3 hours late into the night. I kept Vittorio updated on ETA. He was so understanding & waited up for me & carried my luggage upstairs. I was so grateful!
My lovely room faced Stewart St with a nice view of trees & the house across the street. It's the Sapphire Room.
Unfortunately this room gets all the noise from the street + the noise from other rooms when people are inconsiderate coming in very late.
The bed was so comfy. There is a big wardrobe & the desk has the street view. A lovely old fireplace has a tv above it. There is a tiny bathroom.
Breakfasts are not for the faint hearted! Vittorio is an amazing cook. I needed to do lots of walking daily to get rid of all the sweet calories! Waffles were incredible as were the other breakfast main dishes. I loved the fresh orange juice, fresh coffee & tea, blueberry & strawberries & of course maple syrup.
My room was spotlessly clean. Again thanks to Vittorio.
Vittorio organised a taxi when I left & brought my luggage downstairs & out to the taxi. Again so grateful.
Vittorio really made my stay worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1901 Historic home in downtown core. Walk to Parliament Hill, Byward Market, museums, UofO, free off-street parking, lavish breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Century House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ottawa Centre Bed And Breakfast
- Ottawa Centre Hotel Ottawa