“Great views on the patio”

Queenston Heights Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Queenston
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful spot overlooking Niagara River in the Queenston Heights Park. Went for a light lunch and food was very nicely presented, fresh, and tasty. Service was great until the restaurant became busy. Waited a long time for dessert (which was definitely worth it!) and for the bills.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We read a number of great reviews but this didn't live up to it. The dining room was closed for a private function later on so we were on the deck. They didn't tell us this when we got our reservation. Therefore, we didn't get the stunning views everyone talked about as there was only a corner you could see out of and that table was taken. For a high end restaurant, they seemed to be in a hurry to get us out as the bread on one sandwich meal was over toasted and over buttered creating a greasy feel. The meals were okay, nothing terrible, just not up to what we had read. Nothing was amazing. Maybe another night when they were focused on the current patrons and not the group to come would have been better.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I arrived here (unknowingly) close to closing time. We didn't even know that this restaurant was so near the Brock Monument and were pleasantly surprised.
The dining hall is a large, open space which has one wall of windows that look over the Niagara River. The view is spectacular! Try to get a table by the window.
The patio was closed but it looked VERY inviting. Hopefully, the next time we will get a spot on the patio with a view of the river!
The wait staff were extraordinarily friendly and knowledgeable. We weren't aware that we had arrived so late until the dessert was served and we only found out as I had asked if the place was always this quiet!
They locally source as much of the food as they can and, if it cannot be found locally, they try to go with Canadian sources (the lobster for their grilled cheese comes from our East Coast.) The wines are all local but I don't know about the beers.
My wife did have the butter-poached lobster grilled cheese and she enjoyed it but found that there was too much butter and not enough lobster; somewhat disappointing for her.
I had the Tecumseh Platter and it was delicious! The duck was cooked perfectly.
For dessert, we shared the caramel apple cheesecake spring rolls and it was superb. The chantilly cream, warm chocolate and berries just made a wonderful thing even better!
In my opinion, this restaurant is under-advertised, overlooked and is a hidden gem!
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Due to traffic my wife and I missed a bus connection on our way to Niagara On The Lake. We saw this restaurant across the way and decided to give it a try.
We were seated on the patio with a lovely view.
The waitress, Marie, brought our menus and informed that much of the food was locally sourced, some from a small garden close by the restaurant.
The soup du jour was mulligatawny and on Marie's recommendation, we each ordered a cup. It was delicious! Paired with roasted beet salad, also tasty, it made for a delightful lunch and left us with just enough appetite (and room) for a scrumptious berry crumble topped with vanilla ice cream.
After a pleasant chat with Marie, we paid our bill and spent some time enjoying the grounds, soaking up the history and admiring Brock Monument.
In summary, this restaurant has a beautiful setting, a friendly helpful staff and offers delicious food at reasonable prices.
If we weren't leaving Niagara tomorrow morning, we would be there for lunch.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I was here with a group &, as we had only 3 choices of entrees, I cannot comment on the menu or prices. What most impressed us all was the awesome view of the Niagara River thru the large windows. Our friendly & upbeat servers did their best to make us welcome & all of our food was good.