All reviews across the street front desk hi express station mall cinnamon rolls walk in shower nice shower the breakfast area agawa canyon train bay street downtown location would stay here again hot tub location is great king room parking lot yogurt
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Stayed for 1 night on business. The room was clean, the breakfast was good (was able to make myself "egg mcmuffins" and the gym (although just treadmills and some weights) did the job. The pool looked nice. The hotel is centrally located near the mall.

I gave a presentation as well. I was a bit worried they wouldn't have any USB or HDMI cables to connect to my laptop but in the end they found one.

A con: no hotel restaurant for dinner. But it's so easy to walk to nearby restaurants it doesn't really matter. Also there is no view. But for me, it didn't matter.

Definitely not luxury but a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello simjenk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful 4/5 star review!

As well thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie for your business needs! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay! As well take advantage of some of the fantastic restaurants we have in the Downtown area.

I can only hope that if your in the area again we can welcome you back!

Michelle

Reviewed 25 October 2017

It was quiet and clean; close to the border which is where we were going. Nice to have breakfast included. I had looked it up on my phone and got a rate, but called for directions. When she asked if I wanted to book I said yes and she quoted me a higher rate than the one on my phone! I booked using my phone.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nicholas B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi there Art D!

Thanks for the great review sir. Always happy to hear our guests had a nice relaxing evening.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Nicholas Brash
GM

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The room was a good size, with 2 Queen beds, etc. Bathroom was quite good, with very adequate counter space.
Location is great for those taking the Agawa Canyon Tour Train next day. An easy 10 minute walk to the station.
(Outdoor) parking was free and adequate.
Now the not so goods:
The walls were paper thin. We could literally hear every spoken word next door, as if they were in our room. Fortunately, they went to bed by 10 p.m. But really! The thinnest walls ever in any hotel we have stayed in.
The included buffet breakfast in the morning was, to be charitable, adequate. Certainly no better: mediocre eggs, no bacon (just sausage), mediocre selection of cereals & sticky buns, average coffee and very good orange juice.
There were VERY few restaurants open within reasonable walking distance, and many of those downtown were closed on the holiday Monday. The 2 hotel restaurants within walking distance were simply EXCELLENT. But very pricey.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duncan C
Michelle C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Good Morning Duncan C,

Thank you so much for your recent stay! As well thank you for taking the time to write this fair 3/5 star review!

I am happy to hear that you were able to find your comfortable and some great dining experiences within walking distance!

I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My husband and I stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed (including a fridge & microwave). The king bed was comfortable. The WiFi didn't work on our phones but worked fine on a tablet. The complimentary breakfast was very good. All the staff we encountered was very pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good day Suzysews,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful 4/5 star review!

I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy everything with your stay! I can only hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms are everything I wanted. Kuerig coffee maker in the room was unexpected. But the pillows were less than adequate. The pillow in the firm pillow case was so soft I wouldn't have it in my house. Hotel is within waking distance of the train station which was why we were there.

Date of stay: October 2017
Michelle C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Good Day Joseph C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We greatly appreciate your comments regarding the pillows and are working on solution to meet all of our guests pillow needs!

I hope you enjoyed your train trip!