“Delicious!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This wonderful restaurant provided quite the delectable meal!!! Mexican style crab cakes with mango arugula salad....AMAZING!!! Burger for my sweetheart was enormous and served with homemade fries. Dessert was ice cream with buttery homemade cookies...add a latte and the evening was a success!!! Yum yum!!!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

It has a nice atmosphere and is located right off one of the main streets. A converted old hotel and restaurant. Perfect for a pre show dinner. Unfortunately the soup was luke warm. Too bad because it was tasty. The tenderloin steak was excellent. Friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Foster's is just a few doors down from the Avon Theatre in Stratford. It's our favorite place in town for breakfast (poached egg on avocado!). Highly recommended, especially if you want dinner before a play at the Avon (or Studio).

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We needed lunch before attending out next theatre show, and came across Fosters, and we're so pleased that we did. When I did a little shopping up the street, at Hudson's, I asked a young woman there if it was a nice place to dine and she enthusiastically said that it certainly was.
We were greeted, on September 27th, at lunch hour, by a very personable young man who showed us to our table and efficiently took care of our orders. I was unfamiliar with a 'dry' or 'semi dry' white wine that I wanted, and his suggestion was perfect! I asked him the name of it so that I could purchase it one day, and he wrote it down and gave it to me; we did purchase a bottle that day, after the show. Water glasses were filled promptly, and our orders, cooked in a small kitchen just in front of us, were cooked to perfection!
My husband ordered the open faced reuben and it arrived, hot, and was generous serving that he thoroughly enjoyed. I had ordered the Caesar salad with shrimp, and goodness, those shrimp were cooked to perfection. I had expected little shrimp tossed into the salad, but those were large, cooked in a buttery garlic sauce and were delicious, as was the salad....warm diced fried bacon, croutons...perfect!

We wouls absolutely return to Fosters any time!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We found the restaurant accidentally on our last trip to Stratford. We were looking for a nice meal prior to seeing the show last Saturday. We found a great meal! The staff are so polite and efficient and make sure everything is to your liking. I had the crab cakes with arugula salad. I can't find the words to say how fresh and delicious everything was. My husband had the fried buttermilk chicken with gnocchi (I would have been happy eating that gnocchi as a meal!) and my dad had the pasta special. All the food was flavourful and a delight. The open kitchen is fun to watch. Go there if you get a chance.