“Very Pleasant Experience”

Foster's Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Foster's Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 147 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I had lunch at Fosters before going to a 2pm performance at the theater.
The food was very good and the service excellent. I had mussels and the house salad and she had the salmon salad and both were very good. We have not had dinner here but plan on trying it the next time we visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This wonderful restaurant provided quite the delectable meal!!! Mexican style crab cakes with mango arugula salad....AMAZING!!! Burger for my sweetheart was enormous and served with homemade fries. Dessert was ice cream with buttery homemade cookies...add a latte and the evening was a success!!! Yum yum!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

It has a nice atmosphere and is located right off one of the main streets. A converted old hotel and restaurant. Perfect for a pre show dinner. Unfortunately the soup was luke warm. Too bad because it was tasty. The tenderloin steak was excellent. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Foster's is just a few doors down from the Avon Theatre in Stratford. It's our favorite place in town for breakfast (poached egg on avocado!). Highly recommended, especially if you want dinner before a play at the Avon (or Studio).

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We needed lunch before attending out next theatre show, and came across Fosters, and we're so pleased that we did. When I did a little shopping up the street, at Hudson's, I asked a young woman there if it was a nice place to dine and she enthusiastically said that it certainly was.
We were greeted, on September 27th, at lunch hour, by a very personable young man who showed us to our table and efficiently took care of our orders. I was unfamiliar with a 'dry' or 'semi dry' white wine that I wanted, and his suggestion was perfect! I asked him the name of it so that I could purchase it one day, and he wrote it down and gave it to me; we did purchase a bottle that day, after the show. Water glasses were filled promptly, and our orders, cooked in a small kitchen just in front of us, were cooked to perfection!
My husband ordered the open faced reuben and it arrived, hot, and was generous serving that he thoroughly enjoyed. I had ordered the Caesar salad with shrimp, and goodness, those shrimp were cooked to perfection. I had expected little shrimp tossed into the salad, but those were large, cooked in a buttery garlic sauce and were delicious, as was the salad....warm diced fried bacon, croutons...perfect!

We wouls absolutely return to Fosters any time!