“What a Brunch!”

Timbers
Ranked #148 of 305 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a quick meal or a sit-down evening with the family or friends, Timbers is the perfect place for casual, fun dining. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Timbers has your favorite dishes. Located in the Valhalla Inn.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just returned from the Easter Sunday Brunch at the Valhalla! Not quite the variety as last year, but certainly something for everyone. Pleasant live piano music to dine by, excellent service, and a wide variety of Breakfast food, Roast beef, Glazed ham, Lamb, Chicken, fish, smoked salmon, jumbo shrimp, salads and a desert table over 40 feet long!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

They have a good breakfast buffet and their lunch was good. I stayed at the hotel their and ordered to the room, it was absolutely terrible. I ordered a big Appie Platter and it was cold when it got there and everything stuck together, was very bad.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Multiple disappointments for our celebration evening out: 1) no answer when tried calling to reserve a table, had to call front desk who said they would relay the message; 2) arrived to the 'seater's (no 'host' skill demonstrated) cool greeting of 'for two', no question if reservation made, he seated us in very bright lit small area in front of the kitchen when there were tables available in the 'nicer' dining area of the restaurant (no clue what they were thinking when they put those lights in, even dimmer switches would help) ; observed the 'seater' chose a very very small table for a larger man, again, other tables available (the man had to physically move the table in order to have elbow room; 3) I was very disappointed in my meal + did not eat it (I think I chose the wrong dish ? as other plates / items passing did look appealing -- the only saving grace was an awesome young woman who served our table -- sadly disappointed, we will not return

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Timbers has made a big change in their menu and physical setting. The menu is disappointing but the food was ok. The physical setting has lost the cosy feel of previous visits.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I visited Timbers while staying overnight at the Valhalla Inn for a work trip. I went to the restaurant for breakfast on the morning of my departure with a coworker.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was great - lots of windows and very clean. Our server greeted us promptly and was very polite. She quickly brought us coffee and took our orders.

I ordered eggs benedict and asked for the eggs to be poached hard. The waitress said it was no problem, and brought me back my meal. I was a bit disappointed when I sliced open the eggs and the yolks dripped out onto the plate. The hollandaise sauce was also beginning to split, but I didn't mind that too much. I asked the waitress to come over, and she quickly realized that the eggs were not poached hard, and said that she would get the kitchen to remake them. She was very nice and even brought me out a new plate of homefries to eat in the meantime. The homefries were very good.

The new eggs came out, and they were cooked perfectly... except for the fact that one of the eggs had eggshells throughout it. It was not a pleasant experience. The hollandaise sauce was again beginning to split and was unappetizing.

Overall, the service at Timbers was excellent, speedy, and friendly, but the food was very bad.