“The best ribs in town”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Cross street: McCowan Road
Description: Heading to Toronto? Before you get downtown, stop off the Trans Canada Highway for a light lunch or relaxing dinner at Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Scarborough.
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We celebrate a special occasion once a year at this Baton Rouge and keep coming back, so they are doing something right. The bbq pork back ribs are the best that I have had anywhere and I order them every time we are there. And the baked potato that they serve with it with everything on is a real delicacy.
There were six of us this year and they gave us a round table that enabled everyone to join in on the conversation. The service was good throughout. The only drawback was the noise level. There was a table next to us seating about eight people and they were very noisy. Fortunately, they were in their last course when we arrived and half-way through our meal they finished eating and left. The next group which sat there was much more quiet.
I imagine that you will see us there again next year.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Great food..ribs done to perfection and creme brule trio was great to share for desert
Asked to speak to the manager as the music was too loud and hard rock..he lowered the volume immediately and changed the satellite station to something moer to the taste of 60 someyhings enjoying a lovely new years dinner. Thanks

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Service was really good
Calamari one of the best around
Steaks were good! portions larger
Creme brûlée in chocolate good
Disappointed with chocolate mousse though
Waitress surprised me with a bday candle all on her own efforts! Very sweet.
Would return!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Our boss traveled to Toronto to take my co-worker and I out for a Holiday Lunch. Our boss has frequented different Baton Rouge locations in Ottawa, Hull and other locations and always has had a very good experience. I have eaten at the downtown location and have had good experiences as well. We both were extremely disappointed in our experience at the Scarborough location and our boss felt bad that he suggested this restaurant for our Holiday Lunch. The 3 of us were seated next to a large boisterous group when we could have been given another table as the restaurant was not full. The restaurant is dimly lit for ambiance, but it makes it difficult to read the menu. At the 45 minute mark after ordering our meal, our boss asked our waiter when we could expect our food and advised him of how long the wait had been. The waiter seemed flustered and embarrassed it was taking so long. After that inquiry, we only saw our waiter one other time ! 15 minutes later, what appeared to be the manager, Chris, came by our table and our boss advised him that we had now been waiting an hour for food and it was unacceptable. He apologized but told us they were busier than they had expected. What ??! It's 2 and a half weeks before Christmas when people are going out for holiday lunches and you aren't prepared for a lunch rush (and the restaurant wasn't full) ??? This was not a satisfactory response. We received our food a couple of minutes after that. Unfortunately, the food didn't save our visit. I had prime rib which was definitely sub-par and nothing special. It came with mediocre fries and tasteless season veges. My co-worker had chicken tenders which were cold and the enormous size of the portion was disgusting looking. 3 people could not have eaten it all. She said her mashed potatoes were very lumpy and pulled out large chunks to show up. My boss had the special rainbow trout which he said was good, but not worth an hour wait. The manager came back while we were eating and offered us all free dessert for our dissatisfaction. My co-worker and I took him up on the offer but our boss passed. He was given a $10 gift card good only for that location. The experience was so poor that we all decided none of us would go back to use the $10 so we shredded it in the office shredder ! I guess that says it all.

BRSteakhouseBar, Guest Relations Manager at Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Hello,
We are terribly sorry to read that your recent experience with us was less than satisfactory. We have received the letter you sent us and are looking into the issues you have raised. You should be hearing from a member of our team shortly.
-Julian, BR

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My friend invited us there to celebrate. We were in the basement. We had a set menu and with 2 choices for appetizer and 4 choices for the main course.

I had beef soup and salmon with coleslaw. My soup tasted like minestrone soup. There were some white stuff in it, I thought they were meat, but they were fat pieces. I had to wait for a long time for my main course. When it finally came, it could have more vegetables for sure, the plate looked empty. The salmon was a bit cold and the vegetables were more in the raw side.