“In town for the Jays game”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We always like the Cambridge Suites. The rooms are large and you have a living room, dining area, bar area with sink etc. The room could use a bit of TLC. The bathroom is starting to look old, a bit of peeling paint etc. Also the bar fridge needed to be levelled or replaced. It wiggled and wobbled when you tried to open or close it. The hotel was clean and quiet. The front desk clerks were very fast and friendly. The room was $247, a destination marketing fee of $6.57 was added. GST was added on the room and the fee. Total $274.92. This seemed like a very good price as we compared other hotels in Toronto. The location is very good. Steps to great shopping, restaurants and transportation.

Room Tip: Construction across from front of hotel. Maybe get a rear room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mira K, Assistant Front Office Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear lolly n,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like this was not your first time staying at Cambridge Suites Toronto and we appreciate your loyalty! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, but some of your comments are disappointing. I would like to discuss your concerns further and obtain some more information from you if possible. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is what helps us improve. Should you wish to contact me, my email is mkarasik@cambridgesuitestoronto.com. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are here for a Jay's game!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2017

When we arrived we noticed that the bathroom door was unable to close and the toilet wasn't working properly. The repairs were done very quickly after we informed the customer service, points for that.
Room was spacious and bed good, some wearing can be seen especially on the bathroom.
Breakfast was ok, but similar every morning.
I would have given 3,5 if possible.

Dear Pitkis7,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites and were impressed by our guest services! On the other hand, I am very upset to hear of the issues that you encountered upon check in. It sounds like our maintenance department fixed them right away, but I will follow up with the Director of Maintenance to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Toronto!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Decent hotel, was in town for business. A bit pricey, but its very close to all the shops and the suite you get is very comfortable and very roomy. I had a corner unit that had a view of Richmond St. Concierge was friendly and was kind enough to watch my bag as I got breakfast after checking out. Can't have guests after a certain hour, probably had issues of previous guest bringing questionable clientele back to their rooms. Restaurant is pretty good. Only thing is the wifi is a bit lacking. They do have an ethernet port with cable in the room for your laptops which is needed because the wifi signal in the bed is very weak, especially when you close the door to the bathroom (which sits between the the entryway and the bedroom). I'll probably stay here again if I need to visit Toronto again.

Room Tip: Go higher up if you can, tends to be night life noises from people.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jasonrlee53
Mira K, Assistant Front Office Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear jasonrlee53,

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites and helpful team members. I have already asked our maintenance team to address your concerns and fix the problem, as we do not typically receive complaints of this nature. The ethernet cable is there as a backup tool, and not intended to be used instead of the wifi. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the city!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My girlfriend and myself spent 1 week in July in the Cambridge Suites Hotel.

Staff was immediately very welcoming and friendly, though we only interacted with the front desk during check-in and check out. Both times, the front desk staff was very professional, but not at all uptight. I'm sure that - had we needed something beyond the check-in / check-out, they'd have been equally helpful.

The room was rather large (we usually stay in these kinds of 1 bedroom + 1 small bathroom hotel rooms where - if you want to eat in your room, you'll have to sit on your bed or on the floor) so we were rather overwhelmed by the size of the suite.
Seeing as I tend to be slightly jetlagged, which makes me wake up at 5am the first morning, it was a true blessing to be able to just let my partner stay in bed, close the bedroom doors and read stuff in the "living room" area.
It's great that the toilet / shower / bathroom aren't in the same room as the sink / mirror, so morning toilet business doesn't prevent your partner from brushing their teeth, doing their hair, etc.

The room was quiet (we stayed on the 14th floor), it had 2 TV sets with a wide variety of channels - though i must say that i wasn't a big fan of the fact that there was no browsable TV guide but merely a channel that went through the TV listings. Sadly, the TV didn't have access to HBO either, but it did have AMC. The on-demand content seemed reasonable, but we didn't really consume any.
Also, the cable channels didn't seem to be digital channels, so the image was rather blurry and sometimes didn't match the widescreen aspect ratio, but that's a tiny nitpick.

The free WiFi was reasonably fast, but coverage was somewhat spotty in the bedroom. While it was fine in the living room area, and rather perfect in the bathroom (where it matters most, some might say).

The mini fridge was well stocked and the prices were perfectly okay - you're not getting ripped off when you have a craving for that cold can of soda or beer. IIRC, a can of soda was CAD 2.50. There was also candy / chocolate, as well as bottled water.
A sink and a microwave were also part of the kitchenette.

The shower and bathtub (we had both, a shower and a separate bathtub) weren't super modern (no rain shower or other fancy stuff like that) but reasonably clean.

The king size bed was very comfortable. On one side of the bed, there's a charger that has 2 USB ports and 2 regular outlets, for your charging purposes.

The hotel is located in Downtown Toronto. It's a 10 minute walk from union station, 2 blocks from the old city hall, 2 blocks from Eaton Center (a huge shopping mall in central Toronto).
It's 10-15 minutes from Yonge-Dundas square (Toronto's 'times square') and 15 minutes from the entertainment district. So, pretty much perfectly located, if you ask me.

Overall, seeing as we must have gotten a great last-minute price when we booked, we found the suite to be great value (there's times where we paid more for the aforementioned tiny rooms in other cities).

If there was anything i'd say the hotel could improve upon: Slightly better WiFi coverage (it sucks to not be able to stream video in bed), renovate the bathrooms a bit, maybe new TVs / better cable package.

Dear Felix J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We greatly appreciate it! It sounds like you were impressed by your first Cambridge Suites Toronto experience! I will follow up with our maintenance department about your suggestions for improvement and I thank you for this feedback. Should you book with us again, I recommend choosing an Executive Suite with one of our new glass encased waterfall showers!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

On a stormy afternoon, in the busy downtown core at the southwest corner of Victoria and Richmond, I ran under the portico of the Cambridge Suites hotel to hide from the deluge. That's when I found the hidden treasure of an affordable meal of fish and chips and coleslaw salad in the Portico bar. The portion was huge and it tasted almost like an home-made meal. It was prepared within five minutes, and served to me by a friendly waitress, Mary M.
I didn't only beat the storm, but all the long lineups of the neighbouring fast food places, and felt, even just for a thirty minutes, that I am on vacation!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas V

Dear Thomas V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments! We appreciate your praise of our Portico restaurant- the delicious food and the excellent service you received. I will be sure to pass on this rave review to our chef Christopher Duernholz and our server Mary. We hope to welcome you back the next time you feel like vacationing in your own city!

Warm Regards,