Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto(Toronto)
1,577 results
All reviewseaton centretrinity squaregreat locationthe concierge loungecity hallbay streetbreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedtop floorbusiness hotelfitness centerself parkingfront desk staffcorner roomhockey hall of fameper daythe financial district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very comfortable upscale hotel in the heart of the city, close to attractions, shopping and business commitments. I had mentioned at booking that my wife had mobility issues and would be recovering from recent surgery while we were there. The accommodation graciously provided perfectly suited our needs.

Room Tip: Accessible units are excellently designed for those with mobility issues. Rooms even close to the elevators were quiet.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked 3 rooms online on booking.com for accomodation in August for my daughters upcoming marriage.As we all do I chose the least expensive option and failed to read the small print stating that I had 1 day to cancel from the time of the booking.At the end of the month I received my visa bill and was charged the total amount due (5months ahead) to pay in full for the accomodation.I contacted booking.com as well as the Marriott and was told that I could not cancel and had to pay upfront.I also managed to get other accomodation at the Intercontinental on Bloor street for half the price and with the ability to cancel 72 hours ahead of arrival. I just want to warn people of this when they are booking and are unaware that not only will they have to pay in full months ahead but also that they cannot cancel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Barbarachatz,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry those charges came as a surprise to you. We inform guests of this when booking the reservation, but we can understand that the charges are unacceptable to you. We will review your feedback with our team to make sure this information is being presented clearly from here on out in order to prevent this from happening again. We hope you will give us a chance to provide you with an excellent stay in the future to make up for this experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checked in late Monday night (just after midnight, so technically it was Tuesday) with 2 other colleagues. We were all booked at the same time with separate rooms on a corp rate.

Colleagues got rooms on the 12 and 14th floor. Somehow I was provided a 'change' from the original booking to a king room on the 8th (822). Reaching the room. turns out it was a handicapped room next to the elevators. Lightly wondering why (a) I was provided a new room, that was (2) handicapped and (3) next to the elevators (4) on a low floor.

Anyway, it was late, so I ignored that and just requested a change to a quieter room.

Room 745 was assigned (with the original dual double beds as originally booked, why wasn't it even provided in the first place?). Would have left it as that, but there's a vent outside the room that kept causing a spinning sound that would every once in a while, vary in frequency. eg. Noisy. But by now, it was past 1... and I was too tired and had to be up by 6.

Morning comes and the first thing I did was to request a room change. (this is around 7 in the morning). Mentioned/requested again for a quiet room and got room #500. A king room. Didn't have time to do much beyond putting my bags in.

Night comes ... and it's a room abutting the road. Given it's on the 5th floor... well, you can hear traffic pretty clearly. You can't really characterize this as 'quiet'. Well, it's now 12:30am..

Placing this review is probably the best use of my time.

1. there is some kind of discrimination going on. Even ignoring the low floor, there was obviously a room available with the specific type as booked (2 dbl) in #745 but was still provided what I didn't request (#822). And even if you wanted to move me to another room type (eg. to the king), was there any reason it was to be the handicapped room next to the elevators? This is especially when I easily got room #500 early next morning

2. this is low value given what we are paying. We are paying 599/night, a premium rate compared to the current rates (~300) available, yet the room location was sub-par. This is when we push hundreds of room nights a year to this property.

3. afaict, it's a noisy hotel. I certainly did not have a quiet room affording a restful night's sleep.

Cannot recommend at all.

Room Tip: get a high floor. it might help.
1  Thank Janssen C
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Janssen C,

Thank you for staying with us, and for bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously. Please contact me via email at Jonathan.L.Scott@marriott.com so that I can look into these issues further. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here during the week in March. Nothing much going on in town, but charged $500 per night for an average room. Comfortable and clean, however somewhat older property (doors, elevators showing age). Noisy, with little if any sound proofing inside - very loud whenever other guests entered / left rooms. Suggest looking for better and more price appropriate options unless you can find a decent rate.

Room Tip: If you don't get a good rate, look for other options. Felt gouged by the pricing.
1  Thank Andre N

Dear Andre N,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visit to Toronto, and we are sorry you were disappointed. Our focus is on the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and we apologize for the problems that inconvenienced you. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more enjoyable stay so you can have the value you deserve.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I surprised my husband with a visit to Toronto for his birthday and we stayed at this hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable and well maintained.

I had called ahead and mentioned it was his birthday and there was a bottle of wine and cheese waiting for us in our suite.

It was an incredible experience and we thank the Marriott for their hospitality!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear max_trottier,

Thank you for making us a part of your husband’s birthday celebration. Here at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, we strive to provide outstanding service, and it is encouraging to receive confirmation that our efforts make a difference. Thanks once more for your business, and we look forward to having you both as our guest again in the near future.