The Westin Prince Toronto
US$172
US$92
BestWestern.com
1,025 results
All reviewsyork millstennis courtswestin bedsdon valley parkwaynice hoteloutdoor poolbusiness hotelbeautiful lobbybusiness tripcorner roombreakfast buffetself parkingfront desk staffdowntown coretim hortonshotel restaurantking bed
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed here for two nights in March 2018 and I'm glad it was only two nights. We stayed on the 14th floor (in two separate rooms) and found the guest rooms and the guest floors were definitely tired. The wallpaper is coming off in the hallways, the carpet was coming up in places in the guest room. There were visible surge protectors popping out from behind the beds. The A/C unit in one of the rooms made a loud clunk as it turned off. When I first arrived in that room, there was a pool of water on the floor entering the bathroom. After two phone calls maintenance came and determined it was a condensation leak. The problem was corrected and I had no further problems for the rest of the stay. The shower, however, appeared to have mold/mildew on the door.
The guest parking lot also had several lights out, not great for nighttime.
I will say the lobby area is spectacular and not reflective of the condition of the rest of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was great and the staff friendly, especially Lisa who served us on both days.
Overall this Westin is probably the worst Westin hotel I have stayed at. It is definitely not reflective of the brand. I did read in one of the reviews that they are beginning upgrades which are definitely needed. It is just tired and worn, and a little TLC should go a long way.

Room Tip: Great views from the side of the hotel that faces downtown (the left side of the tower when looking up from the entrance)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
thewestinprince, Front Office Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Apple1293,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your detailed and very even handed feedback. I do really appreciate it as it is the only way to improve upon the quality of stay we offer our guests.

I am truly sorry for the state of the room that we selected for you and for the situation in the parking lot. The room should not have been sold in that condition and I will certainly be providing your feedback to our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure it does not happen again.

We are in the process of renovating the property but it is an unfortunately lengthy one and I can only apologize that we did not begin sooner in order to proactively maintain the quality of the hotel.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to a renewed property should you be traveling back to Toronto later this year.

Lewis Bold Wark
Front Office Operations Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, room was OK very large, I did not feel is was 'old' as other reviews here stated.
The AC was a little noisy, yet not too bad.
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful.
Hotel Lobby is beautiful.
Did not had the breakfast, yet my friend did and was very happy with it.
Overall - will stay again

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Came for a conference, and stayed in room 367. First off, I see how many reviews refer to this hotel being old and tired. The ceiling in our room was flaking off (see photos). The cords were unplugged from the TV and we didn’t bother to try and get it working. The sliding door was super stiff and nearly impossible to open. Those were really the only drawbacks - the linens were crisp and smelled fresh. Beds were comfy, and the room was quiet. Toiletries were nice. I’d stay again!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I stayed at the Westin Prince hotel for a work conference with a colleague of mine. During out stay we had multiple issues with the room including being locked out multiple times because the front desk couldn't remember what night we were checking out. Upon check-out, we received our final bills for our stay, paid it and went on. Over a month later i saw i was charged from the hotel for "additional nights that the front desk forgot to include in my final bill (which stated the entire duration of my stay). The exact same thing happened to my colleague. When we called the front desk manager, he simply told us that because we agreed to stay there and provided our credit card info, they had the right to charge us for what they missed. While we both understand that, what was baffling to me was that they suddenly remember over a month later. And what is worse is that we had to call head office to get someone to send us some information about these charges. My colleague and I were both travelling on business and have already submitted our expense reports so we are now having to pay for these "extra charges" ourselves. Stay far away from this place! They have no clue what they are doing or how to talk to their customers.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank asY356UR
thewestinprince, Front Office Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear asY356UR,

I do apologize for any inconvenience your difficulty with billing has caused you.

As we discussed over the phone and you later discussed with our corporate customer support team, you were charged 4 nights for your 4 night stay on the credit card you provided upon arrival. Due to the way in which you'd set up your reservations, 1 for 1 night and 1 for three, you received two separate bills, one for one night, the other for three nights. Neither bill stated that it was for all four nights of your stay. There were no "extra charges" nor did the front desk "forget to include" any charges on any bill.

These charges were not applied "a month later" they were charged upon your departure as they are with every guest. The only change that was made, was at your request. Namely, that the credit card used for one of the three night stays be refunded and that the charge be applied to a separate credit card belonging to your colleague. That change was completed by the hotel, again at our request.

The following day you called up and demanded a one night's refund because the first night of your stay did not appear on the receipt for the last 3 nights of your stay. The your stay was made, by you, in two separate reservations was explained to you and your request to have a one night refund was regretfully declined. You then reached out to our corporate customer support team who, I believe, gave you the same response.

I am sorry for the difficulty that the way the bills were split caused but, unfortunately, the hotel is not able to take responsibility for the way in which you submitted your expense reports. I do, again, extend an offer to help in explaining the situation to your accounting team but I would not be able to refund you for a night you did, in fact, spend here.

Please feel free to reach out directly to the hotel if there is any further assistance we can offer.

Lewis

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Very disappointed with a lack of service my boss, from our New York office, received from the Westin. Our company is very big on customer service and this is the worst I have seen in a while.
After picking her up at the airport and being in meetings all days we arrived at the hotel at 5:50 pm. She was going to check in and then we were going to have dinner at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel, another disappointment. We went to the front desk and the clerk asked if he could help. I had her flight and hotel reservation printed out so I handed to him. He looks it up and says that reservation has been canceled. She had added a extra night with “guarantee late check in” so she found that reservation # on her phone and he entered it and said it was the same # and the reservation had been canceled. She was not happy and rightly so but then he looks at her and said “did you cancel the reservation?” - now why would someone show up at a hotel where they canceled the reservation?? Then he says unfortunately I can’t help you we are totally booked but I can recommend another hotel in the area if you want. Not let me see if I can find out what happened and help you find another place to stay - just nothing. She was tired so instead of having it out with him she called the company travel service to find out what happened. We were on hold for 45 minutes, which is how long we waited for food at the restaurant and there were only 5 other guests in the restaurant when we got there. Also, not at all worth the money we paid. In that 45 minutes they found out that someone at the hotel canceled her reservation with no notification or apology. She has still never received an apology from the Marriott for the incident. So the travel service told me of the Delta by Marriott and I took her there after our expensive disappointing dinner. Absolutely NOT a proud moment for the Westin Prince. Wouldn’t recommend and can’t give review on any other service but never got to experience and probably never will now.

1  Thank Heidi A
thewestinprince, Front Office Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Heidi A,

I am terribly sorry for your poor experience with us. I would like to get to the bottom of this because, if the hotel did in fact cancel a valid reservation and then refused to reinstate it, you and your boss are both certainly entitled to an apology. I appreciate the time you've already taken to fill out this review but I would need both the name on the reservation and, if possible, the confirmation number on the reservation, to properly investigate.

Please do reach out to me at lewis.boldwark@westinprincetoronto.com so that I can follow up with you.

Again my apologies,