2,241 results
All reviews music videos citrus restaurant rooftop terrace hot tub on the roof eaton centre jarvis street breakfast buffet indoor pool homeless people home fries small kitchenette two bedroom suite st lawrence market sitting area the sofa bed shuttle service yogurt
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Could be an amazing hotel. Very polite and accommodating staff. Lovely lobby. Hotel rooms have clear aging spots. I kept thinking if only someone had a bit of cash to invest in this amazing property. The beds were comfortable and the rooms spacious. The amenities are wonderful. The pool is gorgeous (ceiling needs to be cleaned), but really beautiful. Enjoyed the roof top. Needs updating to give a more luxe feel. Doesn’t quite mesh with the hotel, but enjoyed it. Breakfast was delicious (well the eggs a bit mushy), but really well done. Self-Parking for $22 was a bit much. I’d rather pay a bit more and have valet or self park and it be included in my room charge.

Great location. Over all, nice stay. Could be a 5 Star hotel with a bit of polish.

Stayed: October 2018
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear DeAnnaS,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities included with your stay. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Pros:

- Clean, sizable and enjoyable rooms.

- Good breakfast.

- Amazing rooftop view

- Underground parking

-----------------------------------------------

Cons:

- Reception lobby carpeting and couches can use a revamp

- Entrance and street stop/parking can be a bit hectic with the construction going right next door.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have better views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Ahmed K,

We appreciate you taking the time to a leave a review. Our rooftop terrace is an oasis in the middle of city making it one of a kind. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

If you are looking for a hotel with a kitchenette in Toronto, then this is a good pick. Location of a bit off the "trendy", but nonetheless walking distance to the City center, the Distillery District, St. Lawrence Market and CN Tower.
The rooms are a bit dated but the overall service is excellent. Breakfast included.
The rooftop offers great views of the city and hot tubs.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer best view. (Maximum 18 floors)
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear tibizzi,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I like the experience.The front desk and the crew are very accommodating. I will recommend this hotel.
If you are in Toronto try this hotel.My friend and I had a great time. I love the food at their restaurant.

Stayed: November 2017
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear mmariegem,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Every day we strive to provide personalized care for all of guests. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I spent a week at the Grand Hotel on Jarvis St. doing intensive training. First and foremost I was very pleasantly impressed by the staff who were helpful and courteous. The hotel restaurant, The Citrus, offers a varied and delicious breakfast. It is the same daily but it is good and certainly plentiful. Lunches were wheeled into our training room and they were the best. If you enjoy health on your plate you will be delighted. Diners are fine but they would benefit from a more varied menu. Location is excellent, 10 mins walk from the eaton centre...and 5 mins from Burrito Boyz which to my mind have the best burritos (I had a halibut burrito this time). The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bed was firm which I like. Bathtub is a good size. The hotel has an architecturally lovely swimming pool, kind of Roman looking and on the rooftop, are hot tubs and a large screen on which they show music videos and old movie clips. From the rooftop you are greeted by a view of Lake Ontario. Finally, upon departure, two smiling hotel staff helped me take the suitcases down the steps. BTW, I was informed that staff at The Grand receive a training in Mindfulness. Now that is tres cool!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Greg E, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear irisl8,