US$157
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

US$204
US$174
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

US$189
US$139
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$236
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$144
  • Breakfast included
US$159
US$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$177
US$172
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$176
US$134
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$197
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$109
Westin.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

7,170 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hotelbusy hoteleaton centreyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Excellent service, quick check in, great location to University, shopping and restaurants. Concierge even brought coffee, tea and hot chocolate over in the late evening while we were studying in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 197julieo
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The staff at this hotel is the most courteous we have ever experienced. We had a small problem at check out and it was resolved by e-mailing our final bill to us at home.At no time did the person handling the check out lose patience. I wish the rest of the world could take their training at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob E
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Staff are amazing! They truly care about the guest's comfort, including all accessibility requirements. The Guest Accessibility Package is a service offered which is very unique and extremely useful. It is obvious the hotel is trying more than most to meet the needs of all guests with disabilities.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 145kyler
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I was relocated here due to the Westin being overbooked. I did not receive a confirmation number of this new booking. At check in, a gentleman checked me in, man of a few words, not very welcoming. When it was time to take my pre-auth on my credit card, he simply motioned to the machine and did not explain how much of a pre-auth he was taking. When I asked how much it was, he indicated room plus taxes plus a bit extra. Okay, still didn't tell me how much (not that it mattered but I did expect a thorough breakdown of information). No explanation of the restaurants, wifi password, or anything other than the floor the pool was on and which elevator to use. Got to my room and it was 2 double beds (my original reservation at the Westin was 1 King bed). When I called down to the front desk to inquire about this arrangement, they indicated they were sold out and to call the Westin if there was an issue. No customer service whatsoever.

The next morning, I was looking for a shuttle sign for my conference in the lobby (as noted in my change in accommodation email from the Westin) and there was no sign in the lobby. There are 3 entrances to the Chelsea, so my partner asked staff at the entrance where there were a lot of cars where the shuttle service was, and that staff person did not know.

I also found out from another person who was attending the same conference that she was only charged $100 as a pre-auth, as the check in person noted "You don't look like you'll be partying." While I am not upset about the amount of the pre-auth, I am annoyed about the inconsistency and lack of information shared with me.

The room itself was small, the bed was okay and the internet worked. The market was over priced ($3.41 for a tea bag) but the pool and fitness areas were nice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Janice M
Guestexsp, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review based on your last experience with us.

Firstly, I would like to say we were delighted to have welcomed you to our establishment however, I do apologize if you felt as though the check-in procedure was frustrating as that is not what we wish for our guests to experience. We believe in providing exceptional, one-of-kind hospitality from the heart paired with informative, knowledgeable assistance and I am sorry to learn this is not what felt you had received.

Rest assure, your comments and concerns have not been taken lightly - they will be addressed and handled accordingly to reflect change in areas of opportunity where can increase the level of happiness with our valued guests.

I hope you let us know what we can do to make your future stays better as we would strive to accommodate you in any and every way we can.

We hope to warmly welcome you back soon so we can deliver upon a stay that you are most contented with.

Guest Experience Specialist
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We stay at this hotel every year around Christmas due to its GREAT central location to downtown and the Eaton Centre. Santa in the lobby is a nice touch. Its your typical busy, downtown hotel. Generqlly the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable (we needed to request extra pillows as we only had two). The hotel could use a facelift. The hallways and elevator are really super dark, the pool/waterslide was closed (we had booked specifically for the pool) - which we weren't told about. Nice/bar restaurant (TBar). I didn't know about the eLounge/Club prior to arrival. The gentleman working there was VERY rude and snooty to me when I inquired about accessing it. If I had been aware, I may have upgraded. Restaurant waitress was also surprisingly rude (she gave me the hand when I asked her a question)..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Wendy,

We are so happy to hear that we are your go-to Christmas hotel! The holiday season is a big deal to us - Chelsea knows the holidays.

I am sorry to learn that you had not been made aware of our temporary pool closure for it's annual preventative maintenance - please know going forward, that in the case one of our pools is closed, we do open the other pool and we schedule adult and family swim times accordingly.

We work hard to be known as Toronto's friendliest hotel so I am very disheartened to hear that you may have encountered less than exceptional service. I will be sure to bring forth your feedback to each corresponding department to assist with further service improvements.

We hope to see you next Christmas - or hey, even before then too! :-)

Guest Experience Specialist