1,789 results
All reviewsunion stationyork streetgreat locationcn towerrooms are smalltim hortons across the streetair canada centrerogers centreroyal yorkexecutive roomwithin walking distanceshort stayhockey hall of famewi fibed was comfortableheart of downtownthe financial district
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Reviews were just ok..and that is what it is. Room was small. Shower pressure was low. and bathroom was small as well. Bed comfy and we had a great sleep. Over looked another bedroom that appeared 10 ft away so blinds were closed all the time. Checkin and out was ok. Not overly friendly. It is close to everything we wanted to do so location is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 710brucem
Gabriella N, Community Coordinator at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your review.

We are currently renovating all of our rooms and suites to improve the quality and experience of every guest stay.

Our team hopes you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I’ve had the pleasure to stay at this downtown, convenient establishment. It’s just a step away from the union square station and so much more to explore around. Overall very modern, the hotel is as welcoming as it gets. I wanted to mention this place since they really step up in order to satisfy and it’s something admirable. They know their clients, their needs and the staff is very happy to please. They have their very own British-style Strath pub.

They welcomed us with a bottle of sparkling wine, some excellent cheeses from the market and this personalized hand written, personal note:

“Joanie, Welcome to the Strathcona hotel! Sometimes life just needs Bubbles. We hope you enjoy the Segura Viudas and the cheeses from our st. Laurence market. Enjoy your stay and please let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Strathcona team”

Aren’t they so nice? I absolutely love this place!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank joaniemetivier
Gabriella N, Community Coordinator at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Joanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our team takes pride in providing all of our guests with an exceptional service experience.

We really enjoyed curating your personalized welcome package. It was our little way of showing you how much we care.

We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

There are many more places to explore and lots of wine to drink!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The hotel was a quick walk from the train and then it was convenient to walk to a conference downtown. In a pinch I would stay if it was a short stay as you are serenaded by noise in the morning as the day starts in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Gabriella N, Community Coordinator at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for your review.

We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Your experience​ matters to us.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I stayed here for 10 days. we were a little late to arrive due to flight delays, I didn't call and let them know as we were still arriving on the same day just a little late. when we arrived we were told our 10 day pre paid (by my company) reservation had been cancelled, but not to worry they would take care of it. what that means is they kept the pre-paid room money, then happily took my personal credit card for incidentals. now over 2 weeks later I have a charge for US$794.25 and a pending charge for UD$800.08. I singed the form for incidentals only as the room was pre-paid. I have called and left more messages than I want to count, not one call back. I was able to actually speak to a manager once and he assured me that he had removed the charge, I reminded him it was 2 charges and he said he would work on the other and call me back, still waiting. not one return call not one positive interaction with this business. if you cant wait to go to Toronto and get triple charged for your room and pay $90.00 a day to park 3 blocks away in a municipal lot then this is the place for you. Also the new room the happily booked for me had a twin bed, are you kidding me I'm a grown up a twin bed, no desk no chair and the absolute worst internet in the universe, dial up would have been better.

Room Tip: go anywhere else
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank scott c
Ashok N, General Manager at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hi Scott

So sorry to hear about this incidence. I will follow up with the department head and assure you that you will receive complete reimbursement. Normally it takes 3-5 business days for the transaction to reflect on the credit card statement. We will update with the status.

We definitely have been having challenges with our WIFI Network. Sincerely regret the inconvenience incurred by you. We have upgraded to Optic fibre to increase the bandwidth and the second part currently being undertaken is instal of new cabling to improve connectivity. We will be able to resume to seemless connectivity shortly.

My mobile is 416-725-5342. Please do not hesitate to reach me for any assistance.

Thanking you

Warm regards

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The Strathcona Hotel is located second away from Union Station, and is nice overall. There is a pub in the basement if you don't want to walk to a nearby restaurant in town. The big downfall is their wifi. It was nearly impossible to connect to and actually use in your room. This wasn't only our room, as they had signs across the hotel apologizing. I am under the impression that this is an ongoing issue.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Gabriella N, Community Coordinator at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Our team is very happy to hear you enjoyed your city stay with us.

We do, however, want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with regards to our wifi. We are currently preparing to update our wifi to a faster and more affordable network in the near future.

We hope you will choose our hotel next time you are visiting Toronto.