“Exceptional Staff”

Ranked #51 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Seattle, Washington
“Exceptional Staff”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The staff were EXCEPTIONAL! Every one that I came into contact with were super friendly, professional and helpful! Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping and even maintenance! They really went above and beyond to make sure I had an enjoyable stay. I travel alot and it was so nice to see how much they cared about their guests! I will stay at this hotel again with any future trips to Toronto.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Brittany S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Great location in downtown Toronto. During my three day stay I never needed to use either public transportation or taxis and instead walked everywhere. Friendly staff. I never tried the breakfast buffét but rather opted to dine out in the area instead. Rooms are nice and clean, beds okay but ask for a room as far up as possible since the occasional police cruiser in pursuit passing outside the hotel will be heard. Relatively cheap and instead of taking a cab - use the airport bus that offer feeder busses that drops you off/picks you up close by to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FarewellFire
Manlius, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Convenient location and a good value for a downtown hotel. Driving in and out was easy but when my GPS took me to the front of the hotel I had to drive around the block trying to find a place to park and check in. Luckily, the parking garage was easy to find and connected to the hotel. Just remember to figure in the daily parking rate in your budget when booking your room.

The hotel was modern and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. (There may be something in the air because I found most Canadians to be very friendly and helpful.) The room, with two double beds was very small, but well appointed. We enjoyed the indoor pool and walked to nearby restaurants. There is a subway station a half a block away.

Don't expect to be able to find ESPN on TV. This is Canada. Lots of hockey, but hard to find a basketball game.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CNY-Tripper
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My stay at this hotel was fairly decent. I wasn't there for too long, so I couldn't take advantage of all of it's amenities - but I can provide feedback on the basics.

The hotel was fairly easy to find. I had a vehicle and decided to park at the hotel itself - but the lot was a bit difficult to find. It was easy to get to once I was given direction, but this required me pulling over illegally and calling the front desk.

The hotel interior and lobby is fairly nice. It's a newer property (or at least it seems that way).

1. The hallways are quite small and zig zag in a maze-like fashion, unlike most hotels which have wider halls that only go left or right. These halls have the feeling of university dorm living.

2. The room I stayed in (Standard King Bed) - was incredibly small and a bit claustrophobic. However, it was well designed to accomodate all the amenities. But be wary if you're a tall or large person - you may not be able to stand in the bathroom, or maneuver too well in the standing shower. The bed itself was quite comfortable, and as far as I could see, the housekeeping staff did their job well.

3. Front desk staff seemed amply trained and ready to help.

Room Tip: Tips: If you're parking, it's behind the hotel on Wood St. The charge is $25 for the night...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Alain M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Business Girl 11,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are valuable to us and very much appreciated.
We are pleased that our hotel interior and lobby design caught your attention. Our renovations won the IHG "Renovation of the year award" (the Parent company of Holiday Inn). I am happy to see that you also gave us your stamp of approval as we really aimed for something that would impress our guests.
As you mentioned, our central downtown location does come with the challenge of having to go around the block for the access to our hotel garage but I am glad our staff was able to quickly provide you with the necessary directions. Our central location also means that we do have rooms that are smaller than some other Holiday Inn Hotels. But, as you noted, we did take this into consideration when redesigning all of the guest rooms. This is why we have HDTV Flat screen TV’s, sliding bathroom doors, slim ergonomical desk chairs and mini fridges which have all been placed strategically to give all of our valued guests the most space available. We are glad that you found our beds comfortable and we appreciate that you recognized that our housekeeping staff and front office team met your expectations. Cleanliness and great service is something we put a lot of focus on and take great pride in!
Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to take advantage our splendid amenities such as our heated swimming pool, gym, spa, and our tasty dining selections at Carlton Restaurant and Thirty Bar.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Alain
Greater Boston
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were only here for under 24 hours, but everything was smooth from the parking to check in/out, however our room on the 21st floor was 83 degrees when we arrived, and there was no cool air to be found through the ac/heat system. We were advised to open our window, or if that didn't work we could change rooms. Since we were there for an event, we didn't really have time to deal with changing rooms, so we opened the window and went out for the evening. It was in the high 70s when we came back late at night.

I would recommend a lower floor in the winter since heat rises and the AC is shut down for the season.

rooms and bathroom were small, but adequate for a quick stay.

Room Tip: LOWER floor in the winter so you have a chance of not melting
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear msdoucet,
Thank you for visiting our property and reviewing our hotel, your comments are always appreciated.
We are glad that your parking, check-in and check-out process went well. However it is unfortunate that your room was 83 degrees upon entering and I do sincerely apologize for your displeasure.
In the winter months we do have the building's Chillers turned off and switched to Heat. Usually you should be able to control the level of heat from the thermostat in your room but this clearly was not the case with your experience. We do have our housekeeping and engineering teams checking on room temperatures throughout the day and i am sorry that your room was not adjusted prior to your arrival. We are lucky that we do have the option of opening our windows partially as this does help in most cases but it is also dependant on the weather outside. In cases like this where the temperature didn’t cool down enough to your comfort our hotel engineering team is always happy to provide assistance where necessary to make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
I hope that we will be able to have the pleasure of serving you again and i trust you will have a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments and please feel free to contact me if you have further questions or concerns.

Kind regards.