“Yummy Pastries”

Ranked #2,733 of 8,677 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Tried the almond croissant and pear and almond tart. Both were delicious. My wife and I very much appreciated the genuinely friendly service from the owner. Gave us a few samples of their baklava, yummy. Will be back.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed 26 March 2021

A nice place I initially visited to enjoy an omelette on a plate and fresh coffee. Felt like sitting around my kitchen table. Today I visited. And there were no tables. Just great food and a wonderful service. Lunch was buffet style. And I had a wonderful blend of fish and beef in eggplant. Fresh veggies. And my choice of sides. You don’t need a whole host of choices. Just enjoy like home cooked deliciousness. It was soooo good. Nice and uncrowned. Quiet and peaceful. And the server was patient and kind. I was so eager to get into the food that I forgot the coffee. I have come to expect a little getaway from Dundas Square chaos when I walk in this store. Just a genuine atmosphere of friendliness and delight

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 4 January 2020

We found Fresh Start to be offer patrons very friendly service by family in this fun place for Turkish foods and delicacies.

We'd heard about it on CBC radios Suresh Dos's column about great eats and decided that, as we were going to be in Toronto, we shod go in and try the cookie he raved about...Pistachio Cookies.

these are, truly, a delicacy. So much so that we bought many, and gave one to theDoorman at our hotel (The Grand) who said it was, totally authentic and very good."

While the cookies are not the only thing on offer, they are an indication of the quality and truly correct Turkish fare offered by this super friendly Mom, Dad and Son.

If you are near the Atrium on Bay, Toronto, reward yourself!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2019

I had a Turkish friend tell me about this place and even then at first glace it just looked like a very nice coffee shop. Step inside though and at the very back you'll notice a steam-table with many delicious looking things on it. A medium-size plate comes with 2 meat dish offerings, rice or pasta along with a vegetable dish and a salad. Not heaping amounts but pretty much the perfect amount for lunch and everything is super tasty. The salads are always interesting choices which is a nice change from the usual kale caesar, wilted spinach or whatever ... you'll definitely forget temporarily that you're in a foodcourt! And on top of that they have an amazing variety of cakes and sweets and savoury pastries and decent coffee. I'm hooked.

Date of visit: November 2019