Hotel Ocho
US$190
US$177
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$157
US$139
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$231
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

US$184
US$114
The Strathcona
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$187
US$143
Westin.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$145
US$102
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$147
US$116
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$177
US$165
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$148
US$144
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$240
US$210
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

All reviewsexposed brickboutique hotelloft stylelocated in china townwedding planningcompact roomkensington marketsmall hotelqueen st westcontinental breakfast isbed was comfortableking suitedowntownkeysprosconscharger
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a very small boutique hotel that's friendly and funky. They made me feel at home for a short stay and when I left my (computer) mouse behind, they cheerfully mailed it back to me, even though it was international mail. i've unfortunately left things behind at hotels before and they always "disappear." This is not some anonymous place -- the owners' passion shows through.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Leah H
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I love this place. Hotel Ocho gave me exactly what I needed, an exquisitely quiet room in a funky boutique hotel -- along with the perfect balance of thoughtful attentiveness and personal space, without the faintest whiff of grasping servitude or fake corporate bonhomie.

When I called at midnight to say that my flight was delayed six hours, they knew exactly who I was and when I arrived exhausted at 6am I was given a warm sympathetic welcome and a late check-out without question. My room had bare brick walls, windows that opened, a thoughtful layout and a comfy bed.

When I crawled out of bed in the early afternoon, I was delighted to find that the cafe downstairs had excellent espresso, free wi-fi and and natural sun-light: just what I needed to jump start my day.

And finally, when I checked out, I was delighted to see that the price of my stay included no surprises - except that it was so reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Thinkwire
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My girlfriend and I recently stayed there for a quick night.

The Ocho is a hip looking boutique hotel. While it doesn't have all the frills that a bigger one would provide, we do appreciate the more intimate feel of a small hotel. Service was great, as all the staff were friendly and helpful.

We went to the restaurant downstairs for desserts and coffee. Dimly lit with candles on the table, it's a nice place for a date or just a drink with friends.

The rooms were, as most have said, a bit on the minimalist side, but that was fine by us. Everything was clean and tidy, bed was comfortable and the large shower was a joy to use. The only downside is that the work desk was a little small, and it can be a little loud when the heat kicks in.

Overall, it's a great place to stay, at a great location. And since we got the room at a significantly cheaper price (they had a sale) than the similar calibre hotels in the area, even better!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelvin M
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here for three night last weekend on a quick trip to Toronto - and had a great time! The reno is tasteful and maintains the traditional brick and wood of the warehouse while feeling clean and modern, if a little unfinished in areas. Location is fabulous between downtown entertainment, Queen shopping, and College or Kensington dining. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfortable. The Queen room was quite tight with the bed in the middle of the room and with only one chair, so it is not a place to hang out...unless you are horizontal. But, the main, and big plus, was the comfortable lounge/restaurant area downstairs which truly extended the usable space. We spent a whole afternoon and evening working on a project with laptops and felt completely comfortable, getting service as needed but never pressured to move-on. This atmosphere made it feel much more hospitable and friendly than most hotels - and for this I will return. Also, as others have commented, some of the services are a little more haphazard than you would expect in most hotels. In terms of both design and staff we felt like we had stepped into a buzzing start-up IT firm run by lots of young and hip 30-somethings. But they are enthusiastic and friendly, which more than made up for the odd unchanged towel etc. in my books - but is certainly not for everyone. All in all we were extremely satisfied for the $150ish a night deal, but I would certainly not pay the regular $300 rate that was listed until they work out the kinks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MontyKTown
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Toronto is not a cheap place to stay, so we found that Hotel Ocho offered good value for money in comparison with other Boutique Hotels in the area. We stayed for 4 nights and were upgraded to a King Suite, which we were very grateful for after a long journey. It was spacious and spotlessly clean with an amazingly comfortable bed and soft bed linen. Staff were all lovely and laid back which suits us well.

The hotel is situated on the edge of China Town which is within 20 minutes walk of Toronto City Centre or the CN Tower - very easy to get around on foot.

The only reason i haven't given a rating of 5 is due to the patchy Wifi (which is great when it works ) and the breakfast which was a bit hit and miss - stodgy breads, coffee and maybe some fruit. Not very reliable or nutritious but could easily be remedied with the inclusion of some cereal for example.

All in all, we would definitely return and would recommend anyone thinking of booking to do the same.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple