All reviews washing machine home away from home bay street living room fully equipped kitchen condo building walkable distance excellent location eaton centre restaurants and shops a great stay cn tower late check heart of downtown union station would stay here again balcony
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The place is fully equipped with everything you need to make your stay comfortable and easy. Perfect location. Safe, quiet and secure. Heavenly beds. Family friendly. We felt at home in our apartment. We accidentally dropped the tea kettle and it broke. We were worried that we will be charged for it, but when we told Mike about this when we saw him in the lobby he did not charge us for our clumsiness. He brought us a brand new kettle that same day. That is what being a great host is in my opinion!

Room tip: All of the rooms are almost the same or may be i did not check all of them.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank MICHELLE C
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I usually avoid booking apartments because of over-the-top in-your-face hosts and a lack of basic ameneties. Despite my misgivings I booked this because there were six of us and I thought it would be nice to all stay together - which I soon regretted but as it was non-refundable I was stuck with the impulse booking - and I was dreading the experience. However I am pleased to say that Canada Suites has completely turned me around on apartment stays and it made our holiday what it was. Towels and basic toiletries are provided but throw an extra loo roll in your case to save you running low! You are not too far from anything and there are plenty of food options near by as well as a supermarket on the corner. We had two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms a living room with two sofa beds, a dining room and a kitchen with a washing machine. We didn't see our host at all because of our late check in and that suited me fine- I had paid in advance anyway so we just picked up the keys from security. We could see the CN tower from our balcony which was nice but we could have done with some balcony furniture to make the most of it but that is a minor issue.

Give this place a chance!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Being able to make my own meals was great! There's a Sobey's grocery store right across the street. Location was superb! We were able to walk anywhere we wanted to go. Pool was lovely and it was was clean and warm :) After reading other reviews online I was a bit concerned about the building security guards being unfriendly. I spoke to them quite a few times on my way in and out and all I can tell is that they are decent people who have a crappy job dealing with residents of a big condo building who sometimes give the guards hard time. During our 5 week stay the guards would open the electric door for me every time they saw me coming in.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Zach R
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Positives:

Better than a hotel if you're travelling in a group
Lots of amenities like fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, toiletries in the bathrooms
Great location, about 10 mins from Eaton Centre. We walked everywhere. 24 hour grocery store over the road and lots of restaurants in the vicinity

Negatives:

As anticipated from previous reviews on TripAdvisor, check in and parking wasn't the easiest but it was fine in the end! Fortunately when we arrived at the building there was space to pull over and some of us stayed in the car to avoid any parking tickets. The entrance to the parking garage is on Laplante Ave but you can't get in without the fob received after check in. You also can't get into the building until you have the fob so I ended up having to bang on the door and another resident let me in. The security guard called Canada Suites and said someone was coming down. I waited a good 10 minutes before someone turned up, all whilst we were illegally parked outside on the street. The guy then showed us into the garage and brought us back into the building for check in. All in all, not simple at all. I'd recommend calling Canada Suites about 15 mins before your arrival and ask them to wait outside for you!

A couple of niggles inside the apartment but not a big deal. One of the hairdryers didn't work, but there were 2 anyway as we had 2 bathrooms. One of the blinds in the bedroom wouldn't open either.

I would recommend staying here particularly if you're in a group!

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank milica0207
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Excellent location. Easy to walk to major attractions. Has Starbucks, pharmacy, and a 24 hour supermarket within a block. Eaton centre two blocks away. Apartment is very nice with loads of amenities. It is very clean, spotless in fact. Everything in working order. Gentleman at check in was very polite, informative, organised a high chair and gave excellent tour of apartment and showed how everything worked. Beds very comfortable.

Room tip: nice, clean, comfortable
Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank heteroglobina
CanadaSuites, Canada Suites Hospitality Team at Canada Suites on Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Pro,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient city center location and that you felt that our furnished apartment was very nice, our beds comfortable and that everything in the apartment worked properly. It was our pleasure arranging a high chair for you daughter and we are glad we could help.

Canada Suites Hospitality Team