1,423 results
All reviewslobby loungebosk restaurantuniversity avenueroom ipadhealth clubone bedroom suitebathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelroom servicenespresso machinefive star hotelturn down servicein room diningpleasure of stayingcn towersteam roomhotel experience
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Nowhere else better to stay in Toronto. The room's are comfortable, the bathrooms all white marble are just pure luxury. The staff are impeccably trained and you get the feeling like your the only guest. Highly recommend a visit to "Bosk" their patio in the summer is just perfection!

Room Tip: Amazing views of Downtown Toronto
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
Jens M, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had an excellent experience at Shangri-La hotel, Toronto. I appreciate your recommendation and we are excited to welcome you back to Bosk in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel. We arrived early hoping to just drop our bags off so we could go exploring for a few hours. Our room was already prepped so we could go straight up. No quibbles, just good customer service.

Rooms were very well appointed and spacious and above all quiet despite the city centre location. Hotel has a well appointed gym and the added touch of handing out an ice cold flannel whilst on a treadmill went down well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdsterD
Jens M, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear EdsterD,

I would like to thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We are so thrilled to hear that you had an excellent experience with us. I appreciate the note you sent very much and I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you again for your comment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

For those of you who didn't experiences the real east Asian hospitality and only know about north America and Canada, this hotel might be indeed a very good choice, centrally located, big rooms and what you can expect for 300 CAD per night.

But in four years using SHANGRILA hotels in China and south east Asia on a nearly weekly basis, I know that very good is too little for Shangri la standards.

Ok, you can expect lots of smiles and greeting sentences, but empty ones because they did not strive to anticipate our needs.

We arrived at 8:00 am, and as a diamond member I'm allowed to do early check in, upon availability. No room was available and I can understand that.
But when I stated that we just wished to have a shower, they did not offer me to use the Spa centre. Instead they asked me if I wanted to speak to the manager.
Only after I complained a few times and asked explicitly if we could have a shower somewhere, they let us go to the Spa to shower.
They knew a month before that I was arriving this early and did not even offer a complimentary breakfast, or at least a cup of coffee. In similar situation in China we would be offered a lavish breakfast, as it actually happened a few times.

When we came back at 4pm the room was not ready yet!!!
We had to wait 15 minutes and repeat check in procedure, which we already did at 8am.
And again nothing was done to express their under-delivery. Once something similar happens to me in China and they immediately sent me a huge basket of fruit.

The room is still lacking my welcome complimentary amenities I'm entitled to due to diamond status, never happened in China. Rather the opposite, I would always find more fresh fruit, more chocolates, coke and even wine.
We had to do with only two small bottles of water, and ask for some more. Which took 20 minutes to be delivered to my room.

No tooth brush, no shaving kit, essentially the bathroom is serviced with soap. Very good soap, of L'occitane brand which I like very much, but no anticipation of our needs. Staying for days and no tooth brush nor shaving kits?

This SHANGRILA is lacking the wonderful and lavish buffet breakfast with lots and lots of Asian as well Western options. Only a short a la carte menu.

In the restaurant, at dinner, again same experience, lots of smiles but little Asian hospitality.
Didn't replace bread when nearly empty, and had to tell waiter to give us some more.
When dining a la carte in China, one would rarely not be offered a small treat like an appetizer or a dessert or fruit. Yet this did not happen.
Food taste was ok.

In general, they deliver what we ask for but don't anticipate our needs.

Just not the SHANGRILA experience.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank PasqualeBaiKui

Dear PasqualeBaiKui,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay at our property. I am very disappointed to hear that you are not happy with your experience at Shangri-La hotel, Toronto. Please know that I have shared your comments with the rest of our team and we have left a voicemail in your room hoping to speak with you. If you would be able to contact us at a convenient time so that we may learn more of what transpired. I do hope we are able to reach you during your stay with us so that we can ensure the rest of your experience is pleasant.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention as this gives us an opportunity to improve our services to our valued guests. Please know that if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I love the view, feel and look of this hotel. Great lobby bar with live music and fireplace. Definitely get my favourite drink their French Connection. I always stop by there just for my fave drink if I'm in the area. Service is out of this world too. Servers were literally running to make sure I did not have to push in my chair lol. Also enjoy the marble heated floors, the gym, pool, sauna and all the luxury!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelthew0rld26
Jens M, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear travelthew0rld26,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate your comments in regards to our Lobby Lounge and service. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the rest of our team.

We are thrilled to welcome you back again soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Location is everything! This was the best hotel EVER! The beds were super comfortable, everything was clean! Marble bathrooms, the scent machine they pump through the entire place. Just everything was amazing. Walking distance to great food and entertainment. Make use of the pillow menu!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank rojo803

Dear rojo803,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words in regards to our property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, should the opportunity arise.