“Tov-Li, a Delicious Kosher Experience”
Review of Tov-Li

Tov-Li
Ranked #959 of 9,231 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Israeli
Neighbourhood: North York
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I have had several good experiences dining at Tov-Li, a kosher Jewish restaurant serving Mediterranean and vegetarian fare in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I do have to say they have slow service in both locations. However, that is because they are soooo busy. Everything I have had always tastes fresh and delicious....really delicious. Want to be a huge hit with your friends or family? Invite them to dine in, or take-out/cater at home. Tov-Li is fairly-priced, provides reasonable portions, and has a varied menu for the pickiest of eaters. From pizza and garlic knots (of which my last two orders of this particular favourite of mine did not taste at all garlicky :( bad on them, sad for me) to soups, salads, latkes, Israeli shakshuka and lots more. The platter of Mediterranean salads is my fav. Two deliciously yummy eggplant dishes. Love both but the grilled and crisped to perfection eggplant is a highlight; the other - roasted eggplant - is quite the delight as well; this platter also features gorgeously coloured perfectly textured julienne beets, rich and creamy hummus, tasty tahini, superb sour pickles, cool and classic coleslaw, and hot hot hot sauce! With fresh warm pita bread to house all those flavourful vegetables and one giant (sometimes two stuck together) crunchy fantastic tasting falafel....mmm goood. I know that's the Campbell's Soup branding but hey.... move over....Tov-Li is it! And, apparently its 'good for me'!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We come there several times. They have big slices and good variety of pizzas. We did not try other dishes but considering that many other people always eat there when we were there, we assume the food is good. Next time we will try something else than pizza.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Really a fast food place...order off a board & thern pay.
My salad was hugh and excellent! Not much of a decor but that's not why you go.
Parking may be an issue & also check their hours.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The Filipino service is fast in this Israeli breakfast /diner. The falafel pitas are generous, and for $7.50 you get a very filling sit-down hot meal including 3 eggs (after lining us to order). It's across the street from Baycrest hospital and very busy for lunchtime. The down side is the parking, limited across a narrow street. The coffee is good, and I would return to this local landmark.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

This location and the original on Bathurst serve the kind of food that became childhood favorites. The falafel is good and fresh and there are new options on the menu. Lots of room to sit.