“Bit of an attitude issue”
Review of Bloomer's Bakery

Bloomer's Bakery
Ranked #32 of 138 Bakeries in Toronto
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A group of five of us visited this place and were met with staff who had such an attitude issue, the like of which I’ve not encountered before. My food, when eventually delivered, was awful. I’d ordered mac and cheese, so nothing complicated. But it was cold and tasteless. I’m not a great one for sending food back (preferring to just not revisit somewhere I’ve not had the quality promised). But this was so bad I couldn’t eat it. The waiter I spoke to seemed exceptionally upset with me for “daring” to send something back. I had to then wait an age for my food to arrive again. When it did, it was very nice (and hot). My thought is, why couldn’t it have been hot the first time? And why the attitude when something was not right.
With a heavy heart, I can’t recommend and would not return.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I went vegan roughly 10 months ago and this little cafe on Bloor West has become one of my favourite options for vegan sandwiches, pastries and salads. Great place for the "vegan-curious." The butter tarts are pure evil and almost always sold out when I'm there. :( Unfortunately, their menu seems to keep shrinking and some of the really great stuff has disappeared, but I suppose they've got their reasons for doing that. Everyone I've brought here has loved the Pulled Jack, including your archetypal "gotta have my steak" guy. The poutine with sunflower cheese was gone for a while and then reappeared, which I was pretty pleased about. Still missing that Beta Bowl, though. Be aware that the place is very small and not an ideal choice for large groups >4 people. Being as cramped and limited as it is for seating, going there at rush hour might mean you'll be eating next to an obnoxiously loud group of friends. Beer and other drink options are available, including gluten-free (I believe). Most people rave about the donuts, but I just want butter tarts. Note that while this is a good place to bring non-vegans for first-time exposure to vegan food, Toronto has a very vocal & active animal rights community and if you enter a place with a largely vegan patronage wearing fur (for example), there is always a chance you might be approached by someone during your visit. This is not specific to Bloomer's by any means.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with hopes of having lunch but the place was packed so we grabbed some sweets and left.

The vanilla glazed and cinnamon sugar were delicious and the jelly filled was absolutely spectacular and I can't wait to go back and get more.

Looking forward to having lunch next time.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I love this place so much! Awesome food and funky flavours. They have delicious sandwiches like a Reuben and jack fruit “pulled pork”. The kimchi fries are outta this world! Delicious desserts! All the vegan donuts you can dream! Chill vibe and friendly staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I pick up my grandson Friday from school and today before he could ask as he always does, I suggested we go to Bloomers for a treat. He seems to like the doughnuts best. Today it was chocolate. They certainly are fresh as while we were there just baked ones were placed on the counter. They have GF and NF and more. For myself, I had a delicious espresso. Rich strong and no bitterness. Super.