1,882 results
All reviews bank vault great location superior suite atrium view small kitchenette mini kitchen stove top washing machine underground path the financial district valet parking king street beautiful hotel heart of downtown union station st lawrence market room was spacious
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having stayed at other average hotels in Toronto on business before and given that most of my business meetings were downtown in the financial district I was very happy with the central downtown location of this hotel. The building was originally a bank and the lobby is the original marble banking hall complete with steps down to the vaults which were used for functions when I was here.
Access to the rooms is by what I guess are the original slow and clunky wood panelled lifts and my eighth floor corner room comprised a small bathroom; shower stall with fixed only shower fitting which was loose and ok but not brilliant; small wardrobe with iron and board, a built in kitchenette, and a bedroom with desk and drawer unit on which the large TV was positioned, and an armchair in the comer window. Bed was comfortable and pillows fine. This corner room had floor to ceiling windows in the corner only but was dark not helped by dark furniture and the fact that the lighting from lamps only was not very bright. I do think rooms could do with an upgrade.
I did have one meal at the bar counter one night; a burger which was average at best.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GCR484,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing One King West. I am pleased to hear that our prime location, as well as our historically significant building were instrumental in making your stay an enjoyable one. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Toronto that brings our guests just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences and it's great to know that this aspect of our hotel provided useful for your travelling needs.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not totally satisfied with your suite as our hotel strives to provide our guests with accommodations that offer sophisticated amenities and furnishings defined by our modern home-inspired style. I apologize for this unsatisfactory experience and will communicate this feedback to the concerned staff so we can work towards improving our services. Thank you.

We truly appreciate knowing about our guests' experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in Toronto again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always try to stay here for our weekend getaways in TO . Everything about the hotel is great ! Great vibe, clean , exceptional service, comfy rooms....etc. You can't go wrong staying here !From the moment you drive in , to the moment you leave, the staff make your stay so incredibly welcoming and wonderful !

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Joanne V,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing One King West again. I am pleased to hear that our modern home-inspired suites, as well as our attentive and welcoming staff were instrumental in making your stay an enjoyable one.

It's truly an honour to know that you continue to stay with us and rest assured we will do everything it takes to make us deserving of your loyalty.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is beautiful and has an awesome location. I would highly recommend staying here if you want to be downtown. All the staff were super friendly and helpful. They were also knowledgeable about the area. My room was very well appointed and spotless. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear rmichaud2018,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing One King West. I am pleased to hear that our historically charming building, our prime downtown Toronto location, as well as our attentive staff were instrumental in making your stay an enjoyable one. Our service team works hard to ensure that we deliver the very best service and it's great to hear that we met your standards.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location, ideal base for discovering Toronto. It is easy to walk around the city. The staff were very friendly, obliging and helpful. The rooms are fully equipped and have everything for your stay, the washing machine and dryer, was an added bonus. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 85Rosie48,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing One King West. I am pleased to hear that our prime downtown Toronto location, our attentive staff, as well as our modern home-inspired suites were instrumental in making your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to be the hotel our guests call home and it is always rewarding to hear that our efforts have been recognized and appreciated.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Great location - Great people- Great building....... hotel has a good vibe. There are great dining and drink options all within a two to three block radius. Easy walk to the train - 25 min. To the airport (train).

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear mclough2018,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing One King West. I am pleased to hear that our prime location, our attentive staff, as well as historically charming building were instrumental in making your stay an enjoyable one. We are so lucky to be located in the heart of Toronto, bringing our guests just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences and it's great to know that this aspect of our property was perfect for your travelling needs.