Gladstone Hotel
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$275
US$328
US$249
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstower suitemelody barartist designed roomswest queen westart exhibitsantique elevatorunique hoteloperated elevatorqueen streetcool hotelfourth floorstreet noiserooms are smallmain floora great place to staylight sleeperthe entire hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I ended up at the Gladstone for a business trip because I wanted to be close to the Exhibition Grounds and my usual downtown hotels were either booked up or really expensive. This hotel doesn't cater to business travellers - no business centre, fitness facility is a few blocks away, no room service and the cafe doesn't open until 7am for breakfast.

That said, it's a unique hotel with a great vibe and amazingly friendly staff. Plus a hand operated elevator and crazy room decor. I probably wouldn't return on a business trip, but would definitely stay here as a tourist in Toronto. While my room (317) was small, it had nice linens and toiletries. Unfortunately the air conditioning was broken the day I arrived, so I sweated through the night (room was 93F by the time I left in the morning). Thankfully this was fixed while I was out the next day. I would suggest bringing earplugs - I was there on a Friday and Saturday night when there were DJs, karaoke and a wedding. Being an old building, the sound does travel through the floors and walls.

I had dinner & drinks in the Melody Bar - really nice being by the open windows at the front. Service was good, food was delicious and wine list was interesting. I had a drink & a snack in the Cafe one evening. You must try the beet juice with vodka (can't remember the name of the drink) - it sounds weird but it is really refreshing. Also had a quick breakfast in the Melody Bar one day.

This was a very different hotel and neighbourhood from where I usually stay in Toronto. I really enjoyed the Gladstone and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2012

What a great hotel, friendly staff, cool rooms, awesome neighbourhood!!!! Only downside was the noise at night, but we didn't care too much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Probably one of the most unique places I've stayed in a while.
Very busy, bustling part of Toronto with heavy traffic throughout the evening.
Our room was carefully chosen online and we were not disappointed upon arrival.
Super uber cool decor for the hipster crowd with cash!
I'd go back in a heartbeat and fabulous areas for amazing photos!

Room Tip: check it out online first to find the rooms you'll like the most! If you want to go to bed @ 9:00 p.m. stay elsewhere as you most likely won't enjoy it here
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I love staying at the Gladstone, but our most recent trip was quite disappointing. We were offered the Pixel Room, which left much to be desired. Boring, poorly thought out, and poorly executed. Not worth the price. Every other time I've been there it's been wonderful, but this room NEEDS to be changed.

1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were in Toronto for the first time last month and stayed at the Gladstone Hotel in the Red Room. We had read reviews in advance so were aware that our room would be small - which it was - but it was very liveable. I absolutely loved the feel of the Red Room. So trendy and fun and red! I wasn't as aware until after I booked that it truly was outside of downtown, and I had thought I was booking a downtown hotel. BUT - it worked out great. Because we were there for such a short period - we were getting a very general overview of the city, and had we not been at this hotel, I don't think we would have ventured into the West Queens West area at all, and I'm glad we did. We walked to downtown via through some of the surrounding neighborhoods. It's a decent walk, but very doable! If you have a car, I recommend reserving a parking spot with the hotel as parking in the neighborhood isn't easy. The staff was very nice and accommodating - willing to help with currency exchange, directions, etc. Thank you for a nice stay!