“Excellent Italian Cuisine!”
Review of Little Anthony's

Little Anthony's
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Anthony's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 9,246 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Richmond St. & York St.
Transit: Subway: Take University line to Osgoode Station. Walk 1 block south and 1 block east. This route takes about 3 minutes. Alternatively, take the Yonge line to Queen Station. Walk 1 block south and 2 blocks west. This route takes about 8 minutes. Streetcar: Take the Queen Streetcar to York Street and walk 1 block south to Richmond.
Description: Little Anthony's is a casual, energetic and affordable downtown osteria serving soul-satisfying Italian cooking.Claim a sunny table next to the restaurant’s grand windows and enjoy a quick lunch; meet friends for a specialty cocktail or Italian beer and a snack or two at the comfortable, convivial bar; host clients in the twelve-seat boardroom or an event in the spacious private dining room; or settle into the banquets and enjoy a leisurely dinner with a bottle of wine from the reasonably priced, wide-ranging list. LA's attentive staff and Italian cuisine are ready for you.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

My wife and I were in Toronto and planned ahead and made a reservation at Little Anthony's for Saturday night, which was very busy with lighting of the Christmas Tree in Nathan Phillips Square on the same night. Make a reservation to avoid disappointment, as several groups pop in while we were waiting to be seated and were turned away.

The service was very attentive and appropriate, not too strong.

The menu is not huge, but it does offer a good variety of choices.

We shared an appetizer - the bacon wrapped dates which were amazing, done to perfection. My wife had the Tomato Caprese salad, while I had the Caesar salad. The Caprese was awesome, with very flavourful tomatoes - in November, while the Caesar was good, but left me envious of her choice.

For our mains, my wife was greatly looking forward to the Veal Osso Buco, but was then disappointed when the waitstaff came back to announce that they were sold out. For the second choice, she went with the Sea Bass, while I went a little more routine with Chicken Parmigiana. Well her disappointment, soon turned, as her Sea Bass meal was a great choice. The fish was perfectly done, light, flaky and very well seasoned with spices, tomatoes, olives and capers. I am not a huge fish fan, but upon sampling, was amazed with how tasty and non-fishy the dish was - great choice. My chicken parm and pasta were very good, great sauce and well prepared chicken.

We passed on the desserts, but were more than satisfied by the excellent meal that we had. If you are staying at the Sheraton Centre - a great dinner choice, as just across the street!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

The food was awesome from the bread to the salad to the Carbonara to the dessert. We loves the Tiramisu and dark chocolate mousse. Great view of people watching too.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I normally eat here for dinner, before the ballet. This time, I booked for a special lunch with my two daughters and my oldest's manager when they hd a day in town from Nashville. The service was relaxed and friendly but very professional, and our meals and wines were outstanding. Little Anthony's is becoming one of my favourite places in the downtown core!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second time visiting for a pre theatre dinner. The first time we didn’t have much time so we got a number of appetizers and they were fantastic. Especially the bacon wrapped dates. The seafood scampi and calbrese salad were also very good. Service was outstanding as the rushed out the food as we were on a tight timeline. So we had to go back.

This time we had the entrees and weren’t so impressed. Had the chicken parm and seafood linguine special. Very little seafood and my chicken was lukewarm. Service was still excellent.

It seems that it may be hit and miss and will wait to go back.

1  Thank kanizeeb
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Excellent service for our anniversary dinner. Spacious restaurant offers much more privacy for each table. Great atomsphere. Manager in charge David was approachable and did everything from start to end to ensure a great meal. Excellent italian food with beautiful wine. We had a great time and highly recommended it.